PDA

View Full Version : Question about DJ

Effigy
07-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, he went 1-3 with a single and a walk last night in his Reds debut. But I was wondering, when did he start hitting like Robert Alomar (stance wise)? I don't recall him using that in San Diego.

It looked like he really keeps his right foot a long step back. When he swings, he squares up more. It just looked unusual to me. But, other than that - he looked good last night. :smile:

bobj4400
07-09-2003, 12:18 PM
until the first time he gets doubled off base on a lazy infield line drive, or doesnt score the winning run from second on a single, or tries to barehand a sure double play ball, or loses 60 points in his batting average over a two month period...

Need I go on???

Effigy
07-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Wow. Obviously some of you have problems discussing baseball. We went over this in another thread. I asked about his stance, not anything else.

You guys jump off and on players all the time it seems. Hell, the guy batted around .300 for 2 months. Then he slumps and has 1 very awful month and you're all over him. Fine with me, cause I don't care - but it just seems like thats the only thing you know how to discuss - is weaknesses and not his positives.

Again, I asked about his stance - so if anyone knows how to anwser this question, please do so.

dickallen15
07-09-2003, 12:22 PM
When he came here he looked like he might be a star, he will get bored quickly in Cincy and his lack of baseball acumen will rear its ugly head. He has a world of talent but is a dope.

bobj4400
07-09-2003, 12:24 PM
there is still a lot of pent up rage over the laziness of DJ.

He has used that same Robbie Alomar type stance all year.

delben91
07-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Effigy
Hey guys, he went 1-3 with a single and a walk last night in his Reds debut. But I was wondering, when did he start hitting like Robert Alomar (stance wise)? I don't recall him using that in San Diego.

It looked like he really keeps his right foot a long step back. When he swings, he squares up more. It just looked unusual to me. But, other than that - he looked good last night. :smile:

DJ had been doing that all season, at least when he batted from the left side. I only catch the WGN games being on the east coast, so I don't think I ever saw him hit from the right side. Pretty sure he had the same open stance when he came over to Chicago at the end of last season as well.

He's got the tools to be a good player if he learns to pay attention and focus on the game all the time. He seemed to fade in and out of alertness more and more of late. Don't know if that can be improved upon, but he's only 25, so I'd say the potential is there.

hose
07-09-2003, 06:08 PM

He has a little more pop in his bat from the leftside.

I hope he works out for the Reds and has a good career. DJ was popular with the Sox players in the clubhouse, the Big Hurt was sorry to see him go.

StillMissOzzie
07-10-2003, 12:57 AM
Fine with me, cause I don't care - but it just seems like thats the only thing you know how to discuss - is weaknesses and not his positives.

It's a positive that he's playing on some other team. Maybe that's the wake-up call he needed...

:gulp: