PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 Back(!)

Unregistered
07-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks to our tremendous 1-3 start against the mighty D-Rays and Tigers, after tonight we'll likely be 5.5 games behind KC. This lazy, emotionless play against terrible teams will be the death of us. Even if we do pick it up and win this division, we'll be hurting for the bunch of games that we gave away to these horrible teams.

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 11:07 PM
We're not going to win the division. No way in hell. KC is beating a west coast team, which is something that we're unfamiliar with. I can't believe we were 3 games back before playing Tampa Bay, and now we're 5.5 back! I'm so disgusted.

lowesox
07-09-2003, 12:02 AM
If this team is going to win this season Jerry Manuel is going to have to find a creative way to get this team up for games against ****ty teams. Because as it stands right now the knife isn't cutting the mustard.

34 Inch Stick
07-09-2003, 10:05 AM
As I have previously said, I will not get excited again until the Sox are both over .500 and less than 5 out. I reccommend everyone else do the same.

I am disappointed but I have not had to swear at the TV in weeks.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
As I have previously said, I will not get excited again until the Sox are both over .500 and less than 5 out. I reccommend everyone else do the same.

I am disappointed but I have not had to swear at the TV in weeks.

Good coping mechanism, Inch. I heartily agree. Don't confuse the Sox with contenders until we get over .500. It's hard to believe we were on the cusp of that milestone just last week. Tampa Bay and Detroit have sure stuck it to us.

Right now the Sox are nothing but pretenders. It's painful to carry that tag knowing it was the Devil Dogs and ***** Cats who hung it on us. Don't look now, but those putrid creeps from Cleveland are due up next. :(:

RKMeibalane
07-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Good coping mechanism, Inch. I heartily agree. Don't confuse the Sox with contenders until we get over .500. It's hard to believe we were on the cusp of that milestone just last week. Tampa Bay and Detroit have sure stuck it to us.

Right now the Sox are nothing but pretenders. It's painful to carry that tag knowing it was the Devil Dogs and ***** Cats who hung it on us. Don't look now, but those putrid creeps from Cleveland are due up next. :(:

I think a lot of this can be blamed on Jerry Manuel. Even though he now has the players he needs to win on a consistent basis, he has continued to tinker with the lineup. Why doesn't he just leave well enough alone? He's admitted that his tinkering doesn't work. Why does he keep doing it?

Somebody needs to put to stop to this madness. The Sox have a huge opportunity to take control of their division, but they aren't going to do it if they continue to play like ****.

BTW, Manuel needs to stop resting his best players. Everett was out of the lineup last night, and everyone knows about how Frank and Maggs keep finding themselves on the bench when the game starts. I don't know what goes on inside Jerry Manuel's head, but I'm betting that the sight isn't pleasant.

DonkeyKongerko
07-09-2003, 05:12 PM
I still see KC going on a late season slide like the 2001 Twins. Problem is there is no solid consistent team that can run away with this thing. The Twins rotation is absolutely horrific right now.

I wonder how a bad a second half the Sox could have and still win the division by default. Maybe the Indians will win it, they've been playing as well as anybody.