PDA

View Full Version : Try to Relax

Konerkoholic
07-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Today's loss was disgusting, but I'm trying not to get too down about each loss. I just wish they wouldn't embarass me as a fan. The fact is, the Sox play crappy against crappy teams and very well against good teams. It should be the other way around, but that's the way it is. The season is still going to come down to the head-to-head matchups against the Twins and Royals. It's a long season guys. I can't keep going psycho with every loss.

Konerkoholic
07-08-2003, 10:31 PM
A bit of good news: Minnesota sucks just as much as we do. They lost again today after dropping 3 of 4 to the lowly Indians. KC, however, is beating Anaheim 4-0. I think they're going to be in it until that final strestch where they play the Sox 7 of 10 games. That stretch right there could be the season.

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Whatever. Tomorrow morning we will be 5 1/2 games out of first. What a total joke. This team just finds ways to crush their fans' hearts.

FU White Sox.

Lip Man 1
07-08-2003, 11:31 PM
What's REALLY funny is this is just the opposite of the past two years.

Then the Sox couldn't beat the good teams to save their ass and they killed the garbage.

White Sox baseball--THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING MISSING!

Lip

pudge
07-09-2003, 12:48 AM
Let's all pray KC has another 10-19 month before this is all said and done, because we suck.

First Maggs on Saturday, now Everett today - if these guys were in the damn lineup, maybe we'd win these close games...

Jerko
07-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Today's loss was disgusting, but I'm trying not to get too down about each loss. I just wish they wouldn't embarass me as a fan. The fact is, the Sox play crappy against crappy teams and very well against good teams. It should be the other way around, but that's the way it is. The season is still going to come down to the head-to-head matchups against the Twins and Royals. It's a long season guys. I can't keep going psycho with every loss.

Maybe it's time to stop considering Minnesota and Chicago (Cubs) good teams. They are a combined 89-88. Maybe being proud of going 9-3 against them recently doesn't really mean much. Granted, they are better than Tampa and Detroit, but the last good team we beat was Boston.

Clarkdog
07-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Let's all pray KC has another 10-19 month before this is all said and done, because we suck.

First Maggs on Saturday, now Everett today - if these guys were in the damn lineup, maybe we'd win these close games...

No sh*t. What did we acquire Everett for anyway? IMHO, Everett should have been the DH last nighty with Thomas at 1B. The guy is batting 100 points, 14HRS better that Konerko yet we sit him? He is the 4th best hitter on the club right now and yet Konerko is taking at bats away from him?

Sorry, this is a game that Manuel lost before the first pitch was thrown. To me that type of incompetence is inexcusable.

mandmandm
07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Despite all the hoopla in Chicago next week maybe Manuel is so clueless that he thinks the 2002 allstar game is coming where Paul will participate in, not the 2003 allstar game which Everett happens to be playing in, Manuel happens to be coaching in, and it just so happens to be played in Chicago. Or maybe Jerry is just practicing for the all star game where he will have to try to get as many players into the game as possible.

harwar
07-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Let's all pray KC has another 10-19 month before this is all said and done

The royals are aggressively looking for players before the deadline.The may just get better.

1 they are young and aggressive and hungry
2 the have a good lineup with sweeney(4th in runs scored in AL)
3 the believe they can win
4 they don't have manuel leading them
5 george brett in the front office
6 pena refuses to let them lose
7 miracle team (near bottom in defense & pitching)
8 White Sox in total disaray
9 twins a mess
10they don't have manuel leading them

34 Inch Stick
07-09-2003, 12:53 PM
You forgot to add that they don't have Manuel leading them.

Gumshoe
07-09-2003, 01:20 PM
is in the picture with KW, I can't believe we'll do it.

You gotta show me 10 in a row, then I might believe.

G

B. Diddy
07-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by harwar
The royals are aggressively looking for players before the deadline.The may just get better.

7 miracle team (near bottom in defense & pitching)

That's going to kill them in the long run. They've already discovered that Run-Elvis Hernandez was a flash in the pan, Affeldt can't seem to keep from blistering his finger, and they're relying in Lima to pick up the slack. The lack of starting pitching will kill them down the stretch.

That said, the Sox will likely find a way to lose to them... :(: