PDA

View Full Version : JM Get a Clue Keep Konerko and Olivo out of the Lineup

diehardjoe
07-08-2003, 09:18 PM
:angry:
Guys,
We can no longer start Konerko. He is a liability and it is obvious that his big homerun did not help his confidence. If JM keeps putting him out there it is guarantee out.

Olivo
0 for this last 19.

Hey JM get a clue learn how to manage. You love the righty vs. lefty matchup but you left Konerko in to bat in the 7th rather then go get a lefty off the bench. Konerko has come through once (granted in a BIG WAY) but has hit into a lot a DP this season and did so again tonight.

It is getting ugly we need to winning these games against the worst teams in baseball. Well we can at least say this the Sox either make the playoffs (which right now is a long shot since we can beat either the worthless Devil Rays or arguably the worst team of all time the Tiger of 2003) or JM is gone.

Daver
07-08-2003, 09:22 PM
I can see your point about PK,but any offense you get out of the catcher position is a plus,the catcher bats ninth in the AL for a reason.

Add to that the fact that you are bitching about the performance of a good defensive catcher that has never played above the AA level until last Sept.

diehardjoe
07-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Daver,
Great point. I just very upset right now. I get home to see we lost to the Tigers. This last four game was a chance to make up more ground on KC and it is slipping away. I just makes me sick to see JM make the wrong moves game in and game out.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Olivo should continue to play every day. He is still doing an excellent job defensively. He hasn't swung the bat well since he hit that grandslam at the Urinal, but he is still doing things to help the ballclub.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-08-2003, 09:33 PM
The thing is, if Paulie is ever going to put it back together, he needs at bats. A team like the Kitties, you would think would be safe. But, in the 7th with the bases loaded and the game on the line, I would have put in Everett as PH for Paulie. Too many times this season, we have seen PK hit into a DP. What did he do today, yep, a DP.

Also, I don't think PK and Olivo should start in the same lineup. When one is in, the other is out. Too many holes with both of these guys in the lineup. Another blunder by Manager Ghandi.

MarkEdward
07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Olivo must continue to start because there's no way that Sandy Alomar can handle catching everyday.

Of course, Ramon Castro is probably available...

Clembasbal
07-08-2003, 09:53 PM
It just comes down to the fact that JM is just not that good! The guy put in Tony G (granted I like him), Roward, Paulie K, and Olivo in the same lineup. I think he wants out. I mean, who would put up a lineup like that unless you are a total :firejerry moran.

This guy has to go, and since Sandy, Roberto and Colon are here...we might as well get Jose Mesa, Jared Wright, and all the other washed up Indians and have Mike Hartgrove manage.

Jerry is such a jackass.

:firejerry

hose
07-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by diehardjoe
:angry:
Guys,
We can no longer start Konerko. He is a liability and it is obvious that his big homerun did not help his confidence. If JM keeps putting him out there it is guarantee out.

Olivo
0 for this last 19.

Hey JM get a clue learn how to manage. You love the righty vs. lefty matchup but you left Konerko in to bat in the 7th rather then go get a lefty off the bench. Konerko has come through once (granted in a BIG WAY) but has hit into a lot a DP this season and did so again tonight.

It is getting ugly we need to winning these games against the worst teams in baseball. Well we can at least say this the Sox either make the playoffs (which right now is a long shot since we can beat either the worthless Devil Rays or arguably the worst team of all time the Tiger of 2003) or JM is gone.

Konerko and Olivo in the same line up is like a NL line up with the 8th place hitter followed by the pitcher.

At least a NL pitcher is capable of advancing a runner with a bunt. Konerko is flat out killing this team. I like the guy but enough is enough. Keep his butt on the bench and hope he turns it around next year.

Iguana775
07-09-2003, 07:58 AM
PK, yes....Olivo, no.

PK is killing us this year.

soxfan45
07-09-2003, 08:14 AM
I noticed in the Tribune on the last page that there was a commentary that Paulie should be sent down. Unfortunatly I think that its probably on track. I respect Konerko and was one of the people cheering the loudest when he hit his 9th inning homerun last week, but as Paul Sullivan says, facts are facts.

Paulie is not hitting well and we have too many right handed bats who are getting the job done.....even Graffy seems to hit situationally better than Konerko. And at least these guys have a little speed where if they do hit a grounder its not a 6=4=3 "rack em up" DP.

Its going to be very painful but I think inevitable to make that call, otherwise, he's going to be sitting. I don't know how sitting on the bench is going to get him out of this funk.

Guys, I know we all feel bad about it, but just remember that he's making $6 million/year. Thats enough for me to demand performance. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hangar18
07-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Konerko and Graff should never be in the same lineup.
Its really simple actually, the last time Ghandi put a bunch of
OUTS in his lineup, was Saturday, and Lo and Behold, there was
no offense, and they LOST. We shouldnt have lost the game yesterday. Konerko should only be coming into the game
DEFENSIVELY. The problem with the Sox is theyre losing Way Too Many Winnable Games, because the MGR doesnt know how to Fill Out A LIneup card correctly. Heres a HINT for JM:

Rowand
South Side Willie
Graffanino
Konerko

NO MORE THAN ONE of these players, can play in the game at
any time. Is this understood ?? for example, if SSWillie is
in the Lineup, that means you CANNOT also include Graff.
Konerko should never be in the lineup anymore, were too late
in the season for that, and theres way too much at stake now.
He can contribute by coming in defensively late in the game.

Dan H
07-09-2003, 08:53 AM
I have been a big Paul Konerko fan from the start, but it is truly time to get him out of the lineup. I hoped that dramatic home run would be a jump start for him, but obviously it hasn't helped. The Sox just cannot afford him to come in and kill innings like he did in the seventh inning against the Tigers. A RBI man delivers in that situation.

Konerko does need at-bats to get his stroke back. Let him do it in the minor leagues. There is no way a major league team can have a first baseman hitting under .200.

SoxxoS
07-09-2003, 09:34 AM
The biggest problem is our switch hitters (valentin and alomar) are two of the worst switch hitters from the right side of the plate I have ever seen. Therefore, when lefties do start, if he keeps one of those in the lineup (yesterday it was Alomar) then that is an automatic out. Then, he replaces Valentin with Graffanino, who really isn't very good. Add Olivo and garbage can Konerko and you have the makings of a bad lineup. In a perfect world, or a world without Jerry Manuel, Valentin and Alomar would just bat lefty all the time, and Konerko would be on the bus to Charlotte right now-

Alomar-2B
Everett-LF
Thomas-1B
Ordonez-RF
Daubach-DH
Lee-LF
Valentin-SS
Crede-3B
Olivo-C

EVERY damn game...against righties or lefties or ambedexterous pitchers.

illini13
07-09-2003, 10:01 AM
JM is clueless! He never ceases to amaze me with the way he gives games away. Why do you have all your reserves starting a game after an off day when you are trying to make a serious push to catch the division leader? It makes no sense.
Of course our players were jacked and motivated for the Cubs and Twins series. Who wouldn't be given the awesome atmosphere at Comiskey. However, start to play the lower tier teams and its back to no motivation and fire. We have a pathetic record against sub-500 teams and Jerry is not helping our cause. Its time for him to go!!!!