PDA

View Full Version : Dick Allen News

Lip Man 1
07-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I spoke with a former teammate of Dick's today. We were setting up a time for a formal interview for WSI and he gave me some unfortunate news.

Dick is now living in the Los Angeles area and a few months back he lost his daughter. Apparently she was murdered by an ex boyfriend.

The teammate told me the news just devastated Dick (naturally) and that he's pretty much kept to himself.

Naturally now that I have a rough idea of where Dick resides I'll see if I can track him down. I think it's a long shot that he'd speak with WSI, but it's worth a try.

Lip

LuvSox
07-08-2003, 09:37 PM
That's terrible news. I hope and pray that I never know that feeling.

Brian26
07-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Unfortunate news. Might be best to let the interview wait and give Dick time to himself. Maybe get him sometime next season.

Medford Bobby
07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Lip, it would be nice to hear from Allen, but that is a horrible story to come back from. Maybe you can get a note to him and let him know all his Chicago fans will pray for him and hope for a reply from him when he's up for it. Dick Allen is still my all-time favourite Sox player and I was at Comiskey Park in '73 when he recieved his 1972 MVP throphy award.

guillen4life13
07-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Unfortunate news. Might be best to let the interview wait and give Dick time to himself. Maybe get him sometime next season.

I second that.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Folks:

I appreciate your thoughts. I certainly wasn't going to try to speak with him in the near future.

All I know is that he lives in the Los Angeles area. It'll take months, if ever, for me to try to track him down.

Plus even if I do there are no guarantees he'll talk with me.

Lip

Randar68
07-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Folks:

I appreciate your thoughts. I certainly wasn't going to try to speak with him in the near future.

All I know is that he lives in the Los Angeles area. It'll take months, if ever, for me to try to track him down.

Plus even if I do there are no guarantees he'll talk with me.

Lip

Online I only found one listing for a Richard A Allen in LA.

Richard A Allen
Los Angeles, CA
(323) 669-8209