PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 7/8

Hangar18
07-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Very unusual day today. So unusual, in fact, I just had to print todays results the Sun-Times today, thought I was reading
WeedLine or whatever they call the Flubs magazine....

Chicago Sun-Times:

9 Cub Stories
2 Sox Stories

Utterly ridiculous.........

Jurr
07-08-2003, 11:04 AM
In October, they'll be forced to concentrate on the Sox..it's okay.

:chimp

Another disappointing season on the North side. Maybe I can go home and pluck the bol weevils out of my eyebrows.

TornLabrum
07-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Very unusual day today. So unusual, in fact, I just had to print todays results the Sun-Times today, thought I was reading
WeedLine or whatever they call the Flubs magazine....

Chicago Sun-Times:

9 Cub Stories
2 Sox Stories

Utterly ridiculous.........

Okay, altogher now. On Monday the Sox had AN OFF DAY. The Cubs PLAYED. The Cubs are IN TOWN. The Sox spen the day in ST. PETERSBURG.

mandmandm
07-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Not to mention Paterson's injury and the various misadventures of Ku Klux Dust.

Jerko
07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Hangar, I got some negative reaction today too for complaining that Mariotti said the Sox record was inferior to the cubs' even though it's a one game difference in the loss column. I was lambasted for 'caring' about what others say about the Cubs even though I was using that as more reason to hate them. I guess we should start NoCubinteractive.com since bad mouthing the Cubs on a Sox board seems to be taboo all of a sudden. Like you said labrum, there was no Sox game to talk about yesterday, we have to have something to complain about (893 links to vote Frank into the All-Star game is a little tedious too but I'm not complaining)

Hangar18
07-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Hangar, I got some negative reaction today too for complaining that Mariotti said the Sox record was inferior to the cubs' even though it's a one game difference in the loss column. I was lambasted for 'caring' about what others say about the Cubs even though I was using that as more reason to hate them. I guess we should start NoCubinteractive.com since bad mouthing the Cubs on a Sox board seems to be taboo all of a sudden. Like you said labrum, there was no Sox game to talk about yesterday, we have to have something to complain about (893 links to vote Frank into the All-Star game is a little tedious too but I'm not complaining)

sure there was no game, but the last game the sox played, they
garnered 3 stories tops. How in the world do they warrant
9 stories? Maybe I should wait for the cubs to be OFF and the SOX have a game, and I'll compare the Results......

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2003, 03:30 PM
How many reporters are you willing to pay for the Sun Times to send to St. Pete? As a journalist, I know it's much easier on a budget when the team is in town.

What other stories should there be about the Sox today?

Hangar18
07-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
How many reporters are you willing to pay for the Sun Times to send to St. Pete? As a journalist, I know it's much easier on a budget when the team is in town.

well, I seem to remember a piece on Dustys Kid. Full color spread, whole page. Im sure they could do something on Manuels kid too......Or they could talk about how jon garland was
included on Chicago magazines top bachelors. (if there was a cub, this wouldve been done already)

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I didn't see the piece on Darren Baker, but I'm frankly tired of that myself.

I do remember the Southtow doing a nice spread on Anthony Manuel a few years back when he was a senior baseball player at Sandburg. Not quite the cute Darren Baker character, but nonetheless, a nice story.

Hangar18
07-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Not to mention every major newspaper sends beat reporters
that TRAVEL with the team. Kiley for instance, with his cub-bent, always puts extra stories, and has some of his views angled so that other "fans" can spew what hes saying...