PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti is back!

Jerko
07-08-2003, 11:08 AM
From today's column:

In Cubdom, it sounds mortally depressing. Especially when the White Sox, with an inferior record, have acquired major reinforcements.

One game difference in the loss column is an inferior record?
Where do the Cubs and people like Moronotti get off? Last time I checked the Cubs were not 80-4. I've never seen such a bunch of 'eliteists' in such a non-deserving capacity. Everybody asks why we all hate the Cubs and their fans; maybe the fact that they all think they're better than everybody else when in fact they are the one team in sports most related to losing.

ssang
07-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Personally, I think you're reading WAY too much into this comment. Although we are very close to the Cubs record-wise, we do, in fact, have an inferior record. It's just another way of saying that the Cubs need to do something. It's no knock on the Sox.

And generally, am I the only one who is SICK AND TIRED of all the people on this message board constantly bitching about the way the Cubs are treated compared to the Sox!?!?!? To me it makes us sound pathetic. Nobody wants to hear a complainer and too many of you bitch. Look, I don't need to hear every single time any little thing is mentioned that shows bias in favor of the Cubs! YES, we know that the Cubs are favored here and everywhere else. So stop bitching and just deal with it. All that really matters is that the Sox win and the Cubs lose. All I need is bragging rights on their actions on the field. Anyone else agree???

I should submit this as a new thread....I think I will.

Jurr
07-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Yup. We kicked their asses on the field. That's all that matters to me. Let them get the media coverage. The only media coverage I need is the MLB video highlights of the White Sox spanking their behinds 4 games to 2. 'Nuff said.

:hawk
I loove old women in spandex

Jerko
07-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Moronotti was talking about won-loss record. I just question why a 44 loss team is inferior to a 43 loss team. That's no shot against the Cubs, just Moronotti.

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ssang

And generally, am I the only one who is SICK AND TIRED of all the people on this message board constantly bitching about the way the Cubs are treated compared to the Sox!?!?!? To me it makes us sound pathetic. Nobody wants to hear a complainer and too many of you bitch. Look, I don't need to hear every single time any little thing is mentioned that shows bias in favor of the Cubs! YES, we know that the Cubs are favored here and everywhere else. So stop bitching and just deal with it. All that really matters is that the Sox win and the Cubs lose. All I need is bragging rights on their actions on the field. Anyone else agree???

AMEN!

Dan H
07-08-2003, 07:57 PM
The fact is the Cubs need to do something but feel no real pressure to do so. Their dumb fans go out no matter what. They may bitch and curse their team on talk radio, but they take it year after year. After all this is the team that didn't want Greg Maddux, and had lunch with Jim Thome just to tell him they didn't want him.

Yes, the Cubs get the all the media. But what do we really care except of the fact that the Sox alienate their own fans and have no clue about using the media to their advantage? The Cubs really need the media. It helps them pretend to be a major league franchise.