PDA

View Full Version : The simplest Frank Thomas Voting Shortcut

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 01:55 AM
If you click on this link (http://outfield.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/mlb_final_vote_thankyou.html?FORM_CODE=mlb_allstar 2003_ballot&partnerId=mlb&email=will@theweiders.com&zip=54915&dob_mm=8&dob_dd=10&dob_yyyy=1962&nlopt=&al=123245&nl=132961&x=68200314841458&y=24710&z=1c5d99a14e9a4ff7a7c7b0ed5476af30) is would appear that registers a vote for Frank.

You can copy the URL on this page and paste it into your browser with changes to enter your own email, zip and DOB (mine is 8/10/1962, so repace mm=8; dd=10 and yyyy=1962).

Now, if you really want to kick this up a notch you can download iopus internet Macros (http://www.iopus.com/iim.htm) . For $30 it will keep loading that same URL over and over and over. You can order online and you will get a registration code immediately (like SE81277183623389) that you can use to continuously submit this URL.

I suspect I will have 10,000 by morning.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Anyone else try this? What do you think?

pudge
07-08-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Anyone else try this? What do you think?

This may not really work... you have successfully triggered the confirmation page, but the actual database call that inserts the votes might be happening on a page on the server, which then redirects to the confirmation as you have displayed it. If the programmers at MLB have any idea what they're doing, they've designed against something like this. Of course, if friggin Varitek wins, I'll be convinced some Boston hacker is flooding the system.

My recommendation is to spend your time voting the correct way.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by pudge
My recommendation is to spend your time voting the correct way.

I think this has a good chance. Besides, I intend to spend my time working. I did 40,000 while I slept last night. I guess we will never know.

But I do know that there are folks out their writing scripts that totally negate the combined manual capabiliities of everyone on WSI. In my mind this is clearly a case of who can come up with the best automated approach.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 11:14 AM
I have also created a page that pre-fills all of the fields (with my information of course) and circumvents the validation fields.

Here is that page:

click here (http://www.theweiders.com/mlbvote.htm)

You can save the page locally and modify it with Notepad, replacing my information with yours.

Of course using an Internet Macro program will let you vote 100,000 times while you are at work.

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 11:35 AM
I have also created a page that pre-fills all of the fields (with my information of course) and circumvents the validation fields.

Here is that page:

click here (http://www.theweiders.com/mlbvote.htm)

You can save the page locally and modify it with Notepad, replacing my information with yours.

Of course using an Internet Macro program will let you vote 100,000 times while you are at work.

This here is truly the way to go. All you need to do is click the Vote button, and then you can hit back on your browser, and click Vote again, and again. You don't need to waste your time typing a validation code.

DaGame2584
07-08-2003, 11:47 AM
BUMP! Everyone does this! It WORKS!! GO FRANK!

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Also, if you click Vote, and it doesn't go through, you're not allowed to click Vote again. Just refresh the page, it'll reload with a new validation code, and continue. At this speed, it's no biggie.

Keep GOING!!

JRIG
07-08-2003, 11:57 AM
This is really great. And since it keeps giving you a new validation code, it looks like everything is working just fine.

HawkDJ
07-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Wow that is great. I hope you don't mind if I just use your info because I don't know how to edit it??

Are we sure these votes count? It seems too good to be true.

Why is the validation code box in a different location?

EDIT: I tried entering the wrong valdiation code and it still said it counted the vote. I think something is wrong.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 12:11 PM
This is brilliant.

Brian26
07-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Might we want to keep this under wraps so no Yankee fans see this?

MarqSox
07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Just a thought here ... are we SURE MLB will count these votes? Cause if they don't, and all of us are doing it, we may be shooting ourselves in the foot ...

Clembasbal
07-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Is this really working, becuase the web address is different when I load up the page...I know it goes to the MLB site when I select vote, but the one that is filled out already is www.theweidler.com or something like that.

Any thoughts...Bucktown?

:gulp:

HawkDJ
07-08-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm going to keep voting the old fashioned way until I'm sure this works. I still don't understand why it would count a vote if the wrong validation code is in.

pudge
07-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

EDIT: I tried entering the wrong valdiation code and it still said it counted the vote. I think something is wrong.

Basically, he's stripping out the javascript valadation of the code - I think this is still working correctly.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 12:43 PM
It is working because the confirmation page is real!

HawkDJ
07-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Basically, he's stripping out the javascript valadation of the code - I think this is still working correctly.

I'm not sure what that means but I hope you're right! :)

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 01:21 PM
I just got Brewer fans on Brewerfan.net to start using it! GO FRANK!

SoxFan1
07-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Good job WillieHarris12!

delben91
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan1
Good job WillieHarris12!

I second that, but should you perhaps be "WillieHarris13" now?

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Heh. I wish I could change it...

Anyhoo, the topic there has 55 views. It's working!!! KEEP GOING!

BeerHandle
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Did anyone see the Sun-Times today? MLB Chief said that programs won't work. Are we sure this will work? Frank is still in second and Brynes is catching quickly!!!

BeerHandle
07-08-2003, 01:49 PM
According to the MLB Chief Bob Bowman (SP), the validation is needed so if it is not entered the votes won't count!

CLR01
07-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Did anyone see the Sun-Times today? MLB Chief said that programs won't work. Are we sure this will work? Frank is still in second and Brynes is catching quickly!!!

"That's right scum sox fans, i have already contacted the folks at MLB.com and let the know what to expect."

:knue

voodoochile
07-08-2003, 01:53 PM
According to the MLB Chief Bob Bowman (SP), the validation is needed so if it is not entered the votes won't count!

Yes, but there is validation on these votes. It is just entered automatically.

New shortcut: alt+left_arrow = back.

So, point your mouse at the vote button and then let your fingers do the walking.

Left_click, alt+left_arrow, left_click, alt+left_arrow, etc...

No mouse motion. Less misses...

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
I'm going to keep voting the old fashioned way until I'm sure this works. I still don't understand why it would count a vote if the wrong validation code is in.

Whenever you go back to the original page, the validation code changes. Because of that, it would seem that it would work.

I'm sick of re-typing validation codes and I have actual work to do right now, so I'm going to hope this way works.

CLR01
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

So, point your mouse at the vote button and then let your fingers do the walking.

I question it because you can manually change the val. code and it will still take you to the thank you for voting screen. Shouldn't it ive you a pop up telling you wrong code entered?

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 02:03 PM

Nice job!

voodoochile
07-08-2003, 02:04 PM

I just got a "form already submitted" message box, so I am pretty sure we are getting through.

Go Sox!

I have a dream that Frank Thomas hits a 9th inning PH HR in the AS game to give the AL and hence the White Sox home field advantage in the World Series...

MarqSox
07-08-2003, 02:05 PM
My other concern is, if you work off a computer that doesn't have Flash 5.0 (as I was yesterday), it doesn't offer you a validation code, and then if you click vote with no code entered, it still gives you the same vote confirmation as it normally would. And we know those votes don't count ...

I hope this is working, but I have a bad feeling that it's not and we're putting our eggs in the wrong basket.

DC Sox Fan
07-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Is there any way we can check to see if Jenkins is getting a push for MIL? That'd be the best way to see if this is working or not, since he's getting a vote everytime we vote for the hurt. If it works, this is genius. I'm voting once ever 1-2 seconds :D

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 02:18 PM
... and now, all of the sudden, it's not automaticlally filling in the validation code. But it's still accepting the vote... :?:

Unregistered
07-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
... and now, all of the sudden, it's not automaticlally filling in the validation code. But it's still accepting the vote... :?: Yeah, i just noticed that too... :(:

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Yeah, i just noticed that too... :(:

Have they caught on to us?

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 02:33 PM
For some reason, the validation code is no longer being reset when you go back to the original page. When you vote, the validation code is the last string of digits in the URL. It keeps putting the the same validation code now. I'm not an expert with computers, but it seems to me that those votes won't count.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
Is this really working, becuase the web address is different when I load up the page...I know it goes to the MLB site when I select vote, but the one that is filled out already is www.theweidler.com or something like that.

Any thoughts...Bucktown?

Can I 100% guarantee? No, I have no way of telling what is happening on the server side. But I would say that I am 85% certain this is working. If you look at the resulting page it is clear that everything is being sent to the MLB server. Even the correct authentication code.

All of the authentication checking was being done in the page script, so I copied the page and tweaked it to stop checking for the authentication, but it is still passing the authentication code (and votes and email address, etc...). The modified and streamlined pae is hosted on my personal website, but the results still get passed to mlb.com. That is why you go to MLB's web site after voting and why the Vote Again button doesn't work (you have to use the back button).

My belief is this, we have no way to win this woithout gaming the system. Some sort of shortcut is going to be necessary. I have been running a macro that submits 4000 entries then changes the demographics and submits 4000 more. I am worried that they may look for a threshhold for votes that could not have been entered without scripting.

Perhaps it is time to change the page again. does anyone else want to use their email address and zip code?

I should be able to submit 100K - 200K votes by deadline.

dougs78
07-08-2003, 02:34 PM
I suggest that we go back to voting in the traditional manner. I'd hate to see this go wrong. Think about this....if you work at MLB and all the sudden frank is getting 300,000 votes a day FROM THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS....what would you do? I'd throw out that email adress and all its votes.

I say just vote normally, it takes less time, but its guaranteed legal.

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I suggest that we go back to voting in the traditional manner. I'd hate to see this go wrong. Think about this....if you work at MLB and all the sudden frank is getting 300,000 votes a day FROM THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS....what would you do? I'd throw out that email adress and all its votes.

I say just vote normally, it takes less time, but its guaranteed legal.

Or just put in a different (fake) e-mail address every 30 minutes.

But in its current form, I don't know if it's working anymore.

DC Sox Fan
07-08-2003, 02:40 PM
dougs and others have a bit of a point- that's why I've been splitting my time between this method and the traditional.

Buck if you want new info:

email: clipper_759@yahoo.com
birth: 1/4/78
zip: 22033

Have fun :)

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 02:40 PM
I have lost the validation key too. It seems to be not working maybe? Can you change it bucktown?

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
I have lost the validation key too. It seems to be not working maybe? Can you change it bucktown?
The Validation Key input box does not display. I removed that since I was able to circument the check so there is no need to key it. However, the validation code is still being sent thanks to the hack that Juggernaut developed.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Great as long as it works.

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 02:50 PM
The Validation Key input box does not display. I removed that since I was able to circument the check so there is no need to key it. However, the validation code is still being sent thanks to the hack that Juggernaut developed.

But it keeps sending the SAME validation key, doesn't it? If you look at the URL box in the page that comes up right after you vote, the validation key is listed as the last string of digits. If you keep going back to the page on your site and voting, it keeps putting in the same key.

My question is: Are votes tracked by validation keys? If so, it's no longer working.

I'm not trying to be critical or anything (I never would've thought of it), I just don't want people spending their entire afternoon casting one vote.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
dougs and others have a bit of a point- that's why I've been splitting my time between this method and the traditional.

Buck if you want new info:

email: clipper_759@yahoo.com
birth: 1/4/78
zip: 22033

Have fun :)
You are now the one voting, but I made you older (you seemed to young to vote to me).

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Good point B.Diddy.

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
... and now, all of the sudden, it's not automaticlally filling in the validation code. But it's still accepting the vote... :?:
Yep, something changed they may be on to us. However, you may have noticed that Jenkins (our other vote) has moved to 1st place. That leads me to believe this is/was working.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Anyway you can correct it?

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Yep, something changed they may be on to us. However, you may have noticed that Jenkins (our other vote) has moved to 1st place. That leads me to believe this is/was working.

Well, even if it isn't working now, I still got about 100 votes in about 10 minutes and I'm sure that others got in even more.

Your computer savvy mind helped Frank. Good job...

Bucktown
07-08-2003, 03:01 PM
They did change the source code of the page to plug the whole that Juggernaut discovered. I will play with it to see if I can fix. My confidence level just went to 65%, but I think we did make a difference.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 03:03 PM
He's gotta be ahead now. At least 50 people were doing this.

MarqSox
07-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
He's gotta be ahead now. At least 50 people were doing this.

This is good, but remember, it means nothing unless we finish the job! Don't let up! We've come this far, now let's put it out of reach. If we can show a substantial lead tonight, it may demoralize the East Coasters and make our win tomorrow that much easier. Go Sox Army!!

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Time to go the old fashioned way until it's fixed! LETS GO! :army

HawkDJ
07-08-2003, 03:18 PM
If this is no longer working, somebody better alert the other sites that know about this (Soxtalk.com, that Brewers site).

DC Sox Fan
07-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Amen, Marq. I've gone back to the drawing board and manually entering in the codes.

JUGGERNAUT
07-08-2003, 03:21 PM
I am no longer under the belief that other team fans are doing this.

It's not easy. After you get to the stage where I am you then have to deal with variable response time from the mlb server.

Because if it takes too long to back the page, the VB mac will reak havoc & you have to shut it down & restart.

The good news is that I was able to process several 1000 votes over night.

I hope to do the same tonight.

I've not been able to run it today because of work needs for the pc.

I think I can get over 10000 votes before it's all said & done.

How many do you think we need?

The GIANTS fans better ben voting because Santiago is a bene of these automated votes !!!!!! :angry:

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JUGGERNAUT
I am no longer under the belief that other team fans are doing this.

It's not easy. After you get to the stage where I am you then have to deal with variable response time from the mlb server.

Because if it takes too long to back the page, the VB mac will reak havoc & you have to shut it down & restart.

The good news is that I was able to process several 1000 votes over night.

The GIANTS fans better ben voting because Santiago is a bene of these automated votes !!!!!! :angry:

I'd say we need a good 20,000 man. I mean we have to be doing at least 50% of the voting from all of chicago.

dllrbll7
07-08-2003, 03:25 PM

I have a dream that Frank Thomas hits a 9th inning PH HR in the AS game to give the AL and hence the White Sox home field advantage in the World Series...

Thats one hell of a nice dream!

MarqSox
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM

Considering 3 million votes total were cast the first day, I'm thinking the winner will need to tally 2 million.

DC Sox Fan
07-08-2003, 03:29 PM
From MLB.com- Frank Thomas, hoping for a chance to play on his home field at next week's All-Star Game in Chicago, was quickly gaining ground on American League leader Jason Varitek as races remained tight and voting remained strong in the etopps All-Star Final Vote to determine the 32nd and final roster spots.

:)

JUGGERNAUT
07-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Can you please provide a link?

Also I am willing to help the rest of you with automation.
Tell me what you need.
Should we use pm's or the chat's to keep this info out of the hands of the enemy?

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Can you please provide a link?

Also I am willing to help the rest of you with automation.
Tell me what you need.
Should we use pm's or the chat's to keep this info out of the hands of the enemy?

Just speed it up so you can get 2 million votes before the voting is done!

BeerHandle
07-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Will MLB be releasing Vote Tallies anytime before the close of the voting? I have reached out to my sox fan base and have about 50 people voting the old fashion way. I have asked them to reach out to their Sox (Big Hurt) Fan Base!

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Will MLB be releasing Vote Tallies anytime before the close of the voting? I have reached out to my sox fan base and have about 50 people voting the old fashion way. I have asked them to reach out to their Sox (Big Hurt) Fan Base!

Nice job. I don't think they are going to tell us the vote count before it is over.

TraderTim
07-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Jugger:

If you give explicit instructions on how to use the automated script, I have five corporate machines that can be dedicated "HURT" machines all night long...Just tell me how to set it up and run it.

Forkit

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 04:54 PM
We're doing good folks! Let's keep it going!

A.T. Money
07-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TraderTim
Jugger:

If you give explicit instructions on how to use the automated script, I have five corporate machines that can be dedicated "HURT" machines all night long...Just tell me how to set it up and run it.

Forkit

Now that's a team player!!!!

I have two machines that can serve as dedicated Hurt Machines too. Cable rulez!

HawkDJ
07-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Now when I do this the old fashioned way ,even if I put in the wrong validation code I still get the "THank you for voting" page. What is with that?

rmusacch
07-08-2003, 05:59 PM
If you click on this link (http://outfield.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/mlb_final_vote_thankyou.html?FORM_CODE=mlb_allstar 2003_ballot&partnerId=mlb&email=will@theweiders.com&zip=54915&dob_mm=8&dob_dd=10&dob_yyyy=1962&nlopt=&al=123245&nl=132961&x=68200314841458&y=24710&z=1c5d99a14e9a4ff7a7c7b0ed5476af30) is would appear that registers a vote for Frank.

You can copy the URL on this page and paste it into your browser with changes to enter your own email, zip and DOB (mine is 8/10/1962, so repace mm=8; dd=10 and yyyy=1962).

Now, if you really want to kick this up a notch you can download iopus internet Macros (http://www.iopus.com/iim.htm) . For $30 it will keep loading that same URL over and over and over. You can order online and you will get a registration code immediately (like SE81277183623389) that you can use to continuously submit this URL.

I suspect I will have 10,000 by morning.

The first time that you vote, it does not ask for the validation code but if you say vote again, it puts a new validation code and you have to click on the two players you want.

ode to veeck
07-08-2003, 07:01 PM
in the finest south side chicago tradition, we are "voting early and often" :redneck

go frank!

JUGGERNAUT
07-08-2003, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rmusacch
The first time that you vote, it does not ask for the validation code but if you say vote again, it puts a new validation code and you have to click on the two players you want. [/QUOTE

That might not work any more. Notice the difference.

Before:
http://outfield.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/mlb_final_vote_thankyou.html?FORM_CODE=mlb_allstar 2003_ballot&partnerId=mlb
&email=will@theweiders.com
&zip=54915
&dob_mm=8
&dob_dd=10
&dob_yyyy=1962
&nlopt=&al=123245&nl=132961
&x=68200314841458
&y=24710
&z=1c5d99a14e9a4ff7a7c7b0ed5476af30

The user key field wasn't even sent because the it had to match y (the verif key) before it left the client

After:
http://outfield.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/mlb_final_vote_thankyou.html?FORM_CODE=mlb_allstar 2003_ballot&partnerId=mlb
&email=will%40theweiders.com
&zip=54915
&dob_mm=8
&dob_dd=10
&dob_yyyy=1962
&nlopt=yes&al=123245&nl=121693
&x=682003211240440
&z=c22ddd14e964c409fe9c05ef346629a2
&ui=19826

y is gone completely because the page no longer calls the function to get the key. The client just checks for a non empty ui (user key field) & now the server validates the ui against the server.

My guess is they are discarding any votes containing a y value after 07/07.
There's a reason they made the change.

voodoochile
07-08-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm workin with a modified form that all I have to do is submit the key and then send every time. I tried like heck to get the validation code to copy to the input box, but couldn't figure it out. So, I compromised.

WillieHarris12
07-08-2003, 10:07 PM
We just need votes. Frank needs to be in this!

JUGGERNAUT
07-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Dudes, they changed the encryption logic 2 days into the voting! What does that tell you?

That means that others like me where grabbing the verification key from var y
within the html & automating votes.

As long as y was being assigned in the html we could generate the encryption key from x,y,z.

Today they changed it.
There is no y. There is no assignment to y or any other variable holding the verification key. You can still get x & z, but not y.

The verification key only appears in an image format from the encryption module.

The new encryption key for a valid vote is x,z,& ui where ui is the user input field for the verif key.

THERE IS NO WAY TO AUTO-ASSIGN OR CUT & PASTE THE IMAGE VALUE TO THE user input field.

You now have to enter it by hand.

Your best bet is to turn images off in your browser when running the page.
This will likely speed up your ability to vote by hand.

So sorry :cry:

On the bright side, I finished about 10,000 votes with the x,y, & z before they took away y. Those should all count.

FJA
07-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Dudes, they changed the encryption logic 2 days into the voting! What does that tell you?

As long as y was being assigned in the html we could generate the encryption key from x,y,z.

Today they changed it.
There is no y. There is no assignment to y or any other variable holding the verification key. You can still get x & z, but not y.

The verification key only appears in an image format from the encryption module.

The new encryption key for a valid vote is x,z,& ui where ui is the user input field for the verif key.

THERE IS NO WAY TO AUTO-ASSIGN OR CUT & PASTE THE IMAGE VALUE TO THE user input field.

On the bright side, I finished about 10,000 votes with the x,y, & z before they took away y. Those should all count.

I still think you're entitled to a little :gulp: on our tab. :smile:

FJA
07-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Also, I'm not quite sure if it makes anything easier or if the votes would even count, but as long as you put ANY character in the validation box, you get a confirmation.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

(For instance, it's quicker to type random letters and numbers than it is to make sure you get the validation code right ... but does it count?)

voodoochile
07-08-2003, 11:26 PM

Today they changed it.

It still gets assigned to a variable inside the object, but I don't know the correct syntax to copy that variable value. Still, like I said, I managed to preset the e-mail address, zipcode, B-day info and Frank vote on a saved form on my computer, so the voting goes quicker. All I have to do is enter the code and then submit. Back and do it again. Much faster.

SluggersAway
07-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Jenkins is leading...Frank is in range in the AL, we are coming on strong.

FJA
07-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
Jenkins is leading...Frank is in range in the AL, we are coming on strong.

But we need to come on stronger ... according to the latest MLB release, Veritek actually INCREASED his lead overnight.

JUGGERNAUT
07-09-2003, 08:57 AM
It still gets assigned to a variable inside the object, but I don't know the correct syntax to copy that variable value. Still, like I said, I managed to preset the e-mail address, zipcode, B-day info and Frank vote on a saved form on my computer, so the voting goes quicker. All I have to do is enter the code and then submit. Back and do it again. Much faster.

Which variable do you believe is getting assigned the verification key?

Accessing it is not a problem for me, but I do not see the variable getting assigned.

Remember that the call to GetEncryptKey is now commented out.

The function setVars that is used to set the vote form variable x & z, no longer contains y. This function is not referenced directly in the code, but rather in the form object when the encryption3.swf is invoked.

Since encryption3.swf no longer processes y it's not getting assigned in the form.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Which variable do you believe is getting assigned the verification key?

Accessing it is not a problem for me, but I do not see the variable getting assigned.

Remember that the call to GetEncryptKey is now commented out.

The function setVars that is used to set the vote form variable x & z, no longer contains y. This function is not referenced directly in the code, but rather in the form object when the encryption3.swf is invoked.

Since encryption3.swf no longer processes y it's not getting assigned in the form.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
width="92" height="24" id="movie" swLiveConnect="true" align="absmiddle">
<param name="movie" value="http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/encryption3.swf">
<param name="loop" value="false">
<param name="menu" value="false">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<param name="swLiveConnect" value="true">
<embed src="http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2003/encryption3.swf" width="92" height="24" name="movie" swliveconnect="true" menu="false" mayscript="mayscript" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
</object>

Looks to me like they are assigning the value to the parameter "movie" in the code, but I don't know how to get it out and my HTML skills are not THAT good.

Am I misreading it is it just appearing in the embeded SWF line at the end of the object? If so, can't it still be accessed in the embeded object which still has the name "movie". Obviously my programming skills are rudimentary compared to the guy who created this, but there has to be a way to get this info out.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 12:03 PM
I've been thinking about this while I was voting. I have an idea, but need someone with better programming skills to make it happen. Here it is...

Since the validation number is sent in image form, is there a way for MLB to confirm which numbers went to which vote?

If not, can't we modify the Excel scripted program to pass a random 5 digit number to the voting page and have it assign it to both the "movie" parameter and the "ui" parameter then cast the vote automatically - like before?

Just a thought...

Iwritecode
07-09-2003, 12:10 PM
I've been thinking about this while I was voting. I have an idea, but need someone with better programming skills to make it happen. Here it is...

Since the validation number is sent in image form, is there a way for MLB to confirm which numbers went to which vote?

If not, can't we modify the Excel scripted program to pass a random 5 digit number to the voting page and have it assign it to both the "movie" parameter and the "ui" parameter then cast the vote automatically - like before?

Just a thought...

I've been doing it the "normal" way and have been typing any random number in and it's been taking it. You can just type "1" and it seems to work. Before it would give an error message. You just can't type a letter or leave it blank...

JUGGERNAUT
07-09-2003, 12:19 PM
movie is a generic parameter for the flash object. It's not part of the form & it's not used by the setVars function in encryption3.swf

The x & z get set in setVars & only setVars. The html doesn't invoke this function but rather encryption.swf does.

===========================
DO NOT change the EXCEL to randomly generate ui !!!!!

The Encryption key is a composite of x,z, & ui. Each vote is assigned a UNIQUE combination of these 3 based on the encryption algorithm.

Every encryption algorithm comes with an encrypt & decrypt function.

It's not hard to run the decrypt function on every vote submitted to weed out the invalid keys.

Now, yes there is a slim to none chance your random ui assignment could match a valid key, but why bother?

If you don't have the time to enter more votes, & the excel script is you're only option then replace the cut & paste SendKeys (%E, ....)

with Sendkeys (randvar) where rand var is assigned the result of $RAND.

Keep in mind you still need to tab to that field before issuing the Sendkeys.

voodoochile
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've been doing it the "normal" way and have been typing any random number in and it's been taking it. You can just type "1" and it seems to work. Before it would give an error message. You just can't type a letter or leave it blank...

If the number no longer matters, I have a form that you can click alt+/ to cast your vote and then alt+(backarrow) to go back to previous screen. If it works, I can cast thousands of votes very fast...

SouthSideHitman
07-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I gotta be at work in ten minutes but here's one thing I found that may help the rest of you vote. Just hit Alt+left arrow after voting to go back to the previous screen, you don't even have to waste time typing in a number all you have to do is click and hit Alt+left arrow. In the ballot screen it will generate a different number than before, but your vote will still count.

Good luck. Do the southside proud.

guillen4life13
07-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal

Any thoughts...Bucktown?

I think that what he did was view the source, (if you go to the pull down menu View->Source, you can see all of the html and whatever other languages that are in there that have programmed the page). He could have saved the source, modified it to get by the validation code stuff, then uploaded it. It would still be valid.