PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammons.....

Jurr
07-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Do any of you guys spend any time listening to this guy???
I can't deal with him anymore. The thing that really eats me up about him is his "on my knees" approach to the AL East. He's in love with the Red Sux! I bet he and Tim Kurkijan slap each other's asses fighting over which team is better. You all know that the little imp known as TK loves the Yankees, and probably has a secret fetish for Derek Jeter.
When Gammons finally gave some press to the Sox, I was stunned! There had to be some Red Sox info he could've talked about! But, the sun shine's on a dog's arse occasionally.
The other thing about Gammons that drives me nuts is his mouth. When he talks, it sounds like he's got a mouthful of mashed 'taters, his top teeth make him look like he's got a beak or a "turtle face", and he always smacks his lips around like he's uncomfortable with the positioning of his face.
I want to come up to Boston (or wherever he lives) and do some mercy dental work on him. He must not be able to afford it working on Baseball Tonight.

Daver
07-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Jurr

I want to come up to Boston (or wherever he lives) and do some mercy dental work on him. He must not be able to afford it working on Baseball Tonight.

Peter Gammons has been a sportswriter for the Boston Globe for about forever,plus a week.

The only thing that distinguishes him from any other baseball writer is the fact that his face is on the Nickel.

I think he was the model for the U.S. Mint.

:bandance:

Reichardt
07-07-2003, 10:59 PM
After Old Hickory suggested the White Sox might be a good choice for contraction - he lost what little credibility he had with me.

chisox56
07-08-2003, 08:26 PM
He is the most biased person ever to the red sox. He said, "If the AL wants to win the All-Star game then why isn't pedro martinez in the game."

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-08-2003, 11:43 PM
he also says "sexyness of the game" way way too often

SouthBendSox
07-09-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Reichardt
After Old Hickory suggested the White Sox might be a good choice for contraction - he lost what little credibility he had with me.

there is some truth to that

i'd rather have pedro facing the heart of any lineup than just about anyone else in the AL

WhiteSoxWinner
07-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Now he was the lone voice of disent on the 32nd man voting for the AS game. Who did he pick? I'll give you a hint...He plays fort he Sox, but not the White ones...

:boston

Come on!!! Was it ever a doubt who I would pick? I lost my objectivity long before I lost my hair color.

JJAustin69
07-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah, he picks Varitek and then has the nerve to act like it is an objective choice. They don't call him 'East Coast' for nothing.

B. Diddy
07-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Reichardt

"Old Hickory?" What does Gammons have to do with Andrew Jackson? Gammons is a little twit... the exact opposite of Jackson.

fquaye149
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
"Old Hickory?" What does Gammons have to do with Andrew Jackson? Gammons is a little twit... the exact opposite of Jackson.

boo!~

Tragg
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by daver

I think he was the model for the U.S. Mint.

:bandance:

I don't know - stick a pair of wire rim spactacles on gammons, and I would swear he played granny clampett in the 60s sitcom.

FarmerAndy
07-09-2003, 05:17 PM
I hate to break up the whine fest, but.....

1. The Red Sox are the 3rd best team in the A.L..

2. Pedro Martinez should be in the All Star game.

Does Gammons have some Boston bias? Yes. But I'm so sick of hearing my fellow White Sox fans cry about media coverage. WE DON'T DESERVE IT RIGHT NOW! We are getting beat by the D-Rays and the Tigers, and you think it is unfair that we get ignored??? We aren't even .500!!!

Peter Gammons was singing our praises when we picked up Alomar and Everett, and then swept the Twins. Then we quickly lost the wind in our sails. (Again!) Gammons is from Boston, and yes, he is a homer. But right now the Red Sox are a top team, they deserve the coverage.

When we are as good as the Red Sox, you can go ahead and cry about lack of attention all you want. But right now the only thing any of us should be worried about is whether or not we can salvage a series with the freakin' Detroit tigers.