PDA

View Full Version : KW on Fox Sports Tonight

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2003, 09:03 PM
According to Chimp Caray, KW will be on the "Best Damned Sports Show Period" tonight. Of course, Chimp just calls it the "Best Sports Show Period."

FJA
07-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Of course, Chimp just calls it the "Best Sports Show Period."

I can't STAND when he does that.

Jjav829
07-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Did anyone else notice that in Tampa Bay they put a "censored" sign over the word "damn" for The Best Damn Sports Show Period sign behind home plate? That annoyed the hell out of me.

dickallen15
07-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Did anyone else notice that in Tampa Bay they put a "censored" sign over the word "damn" for The Best Damn Sports Show Period sign behind home plate? That annoyed the hell out of me.

Its that way at US Cellular Field as well

guillen4life13
07-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15

Yep... back there in the outfield concourse.

WhiteSox = Life
07-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Ah, but MLB wants to protect their fan base and make sure baseball stays a family sport.

Apparently, guys swearing, spitting and yelling at umpires is good family-oriented behavior, though.

:nandrolone
"Don't forget cheating!"

Jjav829
07-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15

Is it? Wow, I never noticed. I'll have to check it out.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Is it? Wow, I never noticed. I'll have to check it out.

Yep, it's like that everyone I've seen.

Same thing at the United Center.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Here's a photo, Jjav.

cell (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/details.php?image_id=292)

sox_fan_forever
07-08-2003, 12:28 AM
I always find that extremely funny. As I was telling my sister the other day, you can hear a lot worse than "damn" just by sitting in your seat. :smile:

Konerkoholic
07-08-2003, 12:37 AM
Censoring the word "damn?" Another example of the pussification of America.

TornLabrum
07-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic

When I was a wee lad, you couldn't say that word on television. When my parents were teenagers, it almost took an act of Congress to get that word used at the end of "Gone with the Wind." Not saying that it's better or worse. Just that the Depression/WWII era generation were anything but *******.

FJA
07-08-2003, 01:08 AM
FYI, KW is on after the commercial break.

SouthSideHitman
07-08-2003, 01:30 AM
I just saw it and it was pretty much the same old stuff, "we struck while the iron is hot" "Alomar and Everett aren't problems anymore and they give us a chance to win day in and day out" etc.

The only part I didn't care for was when he said that with the All-Star game in Chicago, Frank and shammy should be there. I mean I don't expect him to bash corky publically, but he knows how Sox fans feel about him and he shouldn't be inviting him to the south side. :?:

TornLabrum
07-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
I just saw it and it was pretty much the same old stuff, "we struck while the iron is hot" "Alomar and Everett aren't problems anymore and they give us a chance to win day in and day out" etc.

The only part I didn't care for was when he said that with the All-Star game in Chicago, Frank and shammy should be there. I mean I don't expect him to bash corky publically, but he knows how Sox fans feel about him and he shouldn't be inviting him to the south side. :?:

"Frank there to be cheered. Sham-Me there to get booed. Makes sense to me!

WhiteSox = Life
07-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Well, Kenny had to show Scam* the* Sham* that he was only fooling around and totally believed his story. He had to clear up he was only kidding when during BP, he grabbed Sham-Me*'s bat and inspected the end of it, you know?

:)

Jerko
07-08-2003, 10:16 AM
I saw the KW interview and he pissed me off when talking about Manuel. A typical "Well, Jerry has yet to go 0-4 for us". Nice logic. I guess that means managers NEVER make mistakes because they don't play in the actual game. Tool.

harwar
07-08-2003, 12:12 PM
At least KW mentioned the fact that Frank should be in the all star game.The other guys all talked about how sosa should be there and everyone BUT Frank.When asked if he was done trading,Williams replied,"i've got a few ideas".One more thing,KW was squiring throughout the whole thing and was very uncomfortable in the big spotlight.Why not trade Everett to the cubs for wood or prior ;)

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 03:06 PM

A friend of mine told me that they played the uncensored version of the South Park movie on Comedy Central this past weekend (during the day). I mean, I know it's cable and all, but wow...

joecrede
07-08-2003, 04:45 PM

Censoring "Damn" is part of the ad. Supposed to imply how outragous the show can be.

FarmerAndy
07-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
"Frank there to be cheered. Sham-Me there to get booed. Makes sense to me!

Of course I like the fact that Sammy didn't make the All Star team, because I'm sure it's a big bruise to his ego. However, part of me wishes he had made it. You know that he would get booed at The Cell. I can't think of anything better than seeing Sammy humiliated as he get's booed at an event like the All Star Game. It would be great.

Unregistered
07-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
A friend of mine told me that they played the uncensored version of the South Park movie on Comedy Central this past weekend (during the day). I mean, I know it's cable and all, but wow... This has "parking lot" written all over it, but yeah, I saw that on Saturday. It was COMPLETELY uncensored, and was on at Midnight (CT). (For those who don't know, every other word in that movie is a "F***" or a "S***", and other scenes feature a photo of male genitalia, etc.) I couldn't believe it. Me and some friends just figured Comedy Central saved about $20k in advance in anticipation of the FCC fines...

RedPinStripes
07-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Chimp wont even say the name of one of the sponsors who pay his salary...........What a *****!

rmusacch
07-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Chimp wont even say the name of one of the sponsors who pay his salary...........What a *****!

Which sponsor is that?

B. Diddy
07-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
This has "parking lot" written all over it, but yeah, I saw that on Saturday. It was COMPLETELY uncensored, and was on at Midnight (CT). (For those who don't know, every other word in that movie is a "F***" or a "S***", and other scenes feature a photo of male genitalia, etc.) I couldn't believe it. Me and some friends just figured Comedy Central saved about $20k in advance in anticipation of the FCC fines...

Ah, so it was on late (I figured that the info on it being during the day was wrong). Yeah, they're going to get hit hard...

"Shut your ****ing face, uncle ****er!"
:D: