PDA

View Full Version : Reed #1 prospect on BA Hotsheet!


SoxxoS
07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Insurance for the Borchard/bust probability (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/hotsheet.html)

Daver
07-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Insurance for the Borchard/bust probability (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/hotsheet.html)


Reed doesn't play CF.

SoxxoS
07-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Depends what you mean by "play CF." It's not like Borchard plays gold glove center field, anyway. If Borchard can play CF, so can Reed. They may be grooming Reed for a corner outfield spot, but if they need a CF'er and the Sox brass were willing to put Borchard there, they can put Reed there too...

Daver
07-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Depends what you mean by "play CF." It's not like if Borchard plays gold glove center field, anyway. If Borchard can play CF, so can Reed.

Reed is a converted infielder,he is a LFer for the most part.

guillen4life13
07-07-2003, 09:57 PM
On the "Other Hot Prospects to Watch," Denny Bautista is listed there. I understand that this is somewhat stupid... but why does that name sound so familiar? Was he once in the Sox system?

MarkEdward
07-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
On the "Other Hot Prospects to Watch," Denny Bautista is listed there. I understand that this is somewhat stupid... but why does that name sound so familiar? Was he once in the Sox system?

There's a *Danny* Bautista playing for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Maybe that's who you're thinking of?

Champ Summers
07-08-2003, 03:04 AM
Denny Bautista is a RHP prospect for the Florida Marlins, very young, about 20, works out with Pedro in the off season, many compare him to his fellow countryman, but there is always plenty of hyperbole surrounding can't miss pitching prospects (That Ruffcorn kid is a sure fire All Star for years to come).

SoxxoS
07-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
Denny Bautista is a RHP prospect for the Florida Marlins, very young, about 20, works out with Pedro in the off season, many compare him to his fellow countryman, but there is always plenty of hyperbole surrounding can't miss pitching prospects (That Ruffcorn kid is a sure fire All Star for years to come).

Notice there are more comparisons to Pedro Martinez and Mark Buerhle than any other pitcher?

If the prospects is skinny, throws hard, and is from the Dominican (see: Cruz, Juan) then a Pedro Martinez comparison is right behind.

If the prospect is white, with control and doesn't throw very hard (see about 45% of pitchers) then a Mark Buerhle comparison is in order.

It's amazing, really.

guillen4life13
07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
There's a *Danny* Bautista playing for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Maybe that's who you're thinking of?

I thought that was Miguel Batista... or is Danny Bautista more recent? I might as well check it myself, eh?

Just checked it. On the Diamondbacks MLB site, there is no Danny Bautista listed.

Ok... now I just checked ESPN.com. They say he's on the DL.

MarkEdward
07-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
I thought that was Miguel Batista... or is Danny Bautista more recent? I might as well check it myself, eh?

Just checked it. On the Diamondbacks MLB site, there is no Danny Bautista listed.

Miguel Batista is a pitcher for the Diamondbacks. Danny Bautista is an outfielder for the Diamondbacks.