Originally posted by mandmandm
Just Reported on Espn 1000.

Rowand for Prior??

Ouch, that's gonna hurt the Cubs...

That should be typed as:

Rowand for Prior??

thecell
07-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Maybe we can pick up Karchner and trade him again.

WhiteSox = Life
07-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Ouch, that's gonna hurt the Cubs...

That should be typed as:

Rowand for Prior??

Or...

Rowand for Prior?

B. Diddy
07-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Just Reported on Espn 1000.

That's unfortunate. He was having a stellar year.

What's his injury?

Meixner007
07-07-2003, 04:24 PM
torn ACL i believe

raul12
07-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
torn ACL i believe

ouch! While I hate the scrubs, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Brian26
07-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I guess the blacks and hispanics don't recover from the torn ACL's as quickly as the white athlete does.

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 04:38 PM
That team is Cursed. why cant cub fans understand that ??
Curse Once Inflicted, Can Never Be Lifted. Glad im not a flubs
fan. Wonder what "Moses" is thinking now....

raul12
07-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
That team is Cursed. why cant cub fans understand that ??
Curse Once Inflicted, Can Never Be Lifted. Glad im not a flubs
fan. Wonder what "Moses" is thinking now....

And we're not? The one year we have an amazing shot to win the big kahuna (1994), our OWN owner @#$# us! Here's hoping for a 1983-like second half, and a pre-Great Depression postseason!

Rocky Soprano
07-07-2003, 04:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=17202261

raul12
07-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=17202261

Speaking of which--I was listening to farmer and rooney on the radio on friday, and they said that daubach came down weird on the first base bag...I assume it was nothing, but has anyone heard anything about this?

cheeses_h_rice
07-07-2003, 05:04 PM
That's a pretty big blow to the Flubs' chances of staying in the race, although they've been kept afloat by starting pitching rather than offense for the most part.

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by raul12
And we're not? The one year we have an amazing shot to win the big kahuna (1994), our OWN owner @#$# us! Here's hoping for a 1983-like second half, and a pre-Great Depression postseason!

We didnt go to the World Series in 1994 because of Jerry Reinsdorf cutting off his nose to spite his face. Pure and Simple.
If he doesnt act like the Labor "Hawk" that year, and take the
Cubs side in that ludicrous attempt by the north-siders to
file an injunction to Stop Fay Vincent from using his "best interests" clause to move the Cubs to the Western Division,
and the Reds (who are in the Eastern time zone and about 300 Miles EAST of chicago) to the EAST division, We'd more than
likely would be CELEBRATING A WS Victory over the Upstart Montreal Expos.

Gumshoe
07-07-2003, 05:15 PM
They didn't have a chance WITH Patterson --- now it's painfully and obviously certain for even the most optimistic Cub fan. Next year, as I always said, will be their year, NOT THIS year.

That sucks, though, I wish it didn't happen.

There is no such thing as a curse or luck. It's all probability. People need to understand that.

G

harwar
07-07-2003, 05:34 PM
I have MLB extra innings and i watch A LOT of baseball and that includes the cubs.What a bummer,that guy was fun to watch.Hes' the CF that we need.I'm no cub fan but i feel sorry for those guys today.

ssang
07-07-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm just pissed cause it gives Cubs fans an excuse at the end of the season (although unwarranted) for why they didn't make the playoffs. It only sucks cause they weren't gonna make it with Patterson. Now the idiots will say they would've won the division with Patterson. I swear that all Cub fans are dilusional!

Dan H
07-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I have never believed in curses. Chicago teams have their bad luck, but it just seems like a curse because the few times they have a chance to do something, bad luck does hit. But the Cubs have been shown to be a also ran team. Even with Paterson, they win nothing unless that putrid offense improves. Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if the Sox are for real themselves.

SpringfldFan
07-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I'm just pissed cause it gives Cubs fans an excuse at the end of the season (although unwarranted) for why they didn't make the playoffs. It only sucks cause they weren't gonna make it with Patterson. Now the idiots will say they would've won the division with Patterson. I swear that all Cub fans are dilusional!

I don't think I would go that far. Maybe all cub fans in chicago are that way, but downstate it may be different. My stepfather is as big a cub fan as there is and for the last week, whenever conversation drifted to the cubs, he would just get somber, shake his head a little, and remark about how strong the cardinal offense is. He genuinely appears resigned to the fact that the cubs just cannot compete with that firepower (even given the age-old wisdom that in the long run good pitching beats good hitting).

LuvSox
07-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Cub Fan 1--- "Hey, where's that guy who plays next to Sosa?"

Cub Fan 2---"The only other guy I ever see is the beer vendor. He had to get a new case."

CF1---"That guy next to Sosa is a vendor too? He must be the luckiest guy on the planet."

CF2---"Not as lucky as me, my Mom left her bra hanging over the shower rod this morning."

CF1---"Man, you are lucky."

34 Inch Stick
07-07-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm glad we got Everett before a market developed (although I am not sure about him long term in center). This is going to force the Cubs to make a blockbuster trade to stay in the race. Of course if they want to stay cheap we might see Chris Singleton back in Chicago.

Or Dusty will just bat Lenny Harris in the leadoff spot and have him play center.

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe

There is no such thing as a curse or luck. It's all probability. People need to understand that.

G

Tell that to the Billy Goat,,,,,,,,Heh heh

hose
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
I heard the news about Cory's knee and that is a shame.

He is a good guy and I hope he can make a come back.

WhiteSox = Life
07-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Tell that to the Billy Goat,,,,,,,,Heh heh

:bkoch:
"Someone rang?"