PDA

View Full Version : Wscr Cub Morning Show

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Its rare that I do this, but have to give Murphy Credit where it is due. You know how he loves to break down the games...with inning by inning soundbites?? He did some thing Groundbreaking. He Broke down a cub game, then a sox game. then another cub game, then a sox game. I watched all three Sox games, so there were some moments that needed
to be discussed, and they didnt chat as much as I wouldve liked, they did bring up some topics. I will have to give Murph Very Big KUDOS here (again, I dont do this ever with him) but he QUESTIONED WHY ORDONEZ WAS NOT IN THE LINEUP SAT, considering the team was off THURSDAY and TODAY ??? I thought that was a stupid move also, seeing how Maggs has been hitting fairly well lately. We missed his Bat in the LIneup big time Saturday. I was bitching about that all day Sat, and my cousin remarked that it was the sox Fault for leaving all the
men on base. HOWEVER, I remarked that how could we know that what if Maggs is batting in any of those moments, that he wouldnt have gotten a big 2-out single etc etc ??? It changes
the whole outcome of the game. There are certain guys on the
SOX who arent going to come up big when we need it.....so if thats the case....WHY DOES MANUEL LOAD THE LINEUP WITH OUTS?

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 11:51 AM
It was weird.....Murph for brief stretches, sounded like a
real Sports Journalist. Can he do this the Entire Season?
Probably not, but Im in a good mood today....I'll give him
credit

harwar
07-07-2003, 12:01 PM
I listen to that show most mornings and it seemed to me that murph was depressed today.More than likely because his cubs are not winning.

chisoxt
07-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Foe someone who is a Cub fan, I find Murph to be very objectve when talking about both Chicago baseball teeams. I think that what throws people off is that he does talk more about the Cub than the Sox.

34 Inch Stick
07-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Hangar, you have to diversify your listening. Try Howard Stern in the mornings. Sports talk will always be there and you wouldn't have to post every day about what is on Murph's show.

daveb816
07-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Stern is definitely better listening than Murph/Fred, but there are long commercial breaks during Stern and it's hard to avoid WSCR or AM1000 during these breaks.

soxwon
07-07-2003, 04:30 PM
i listen to don wade and roma in the morning, romas a bit too liberal for me, but dons awesome.

34 Inch Stick
07-07-2003, 04:51 PM
How OLD are you? Don Wade and Roma!

They certainly don't touch my demographic and I'm sure Hangar is a little younger than me.

On the other hand I do occasionally flip to NPR so who am I to talk.

soxwon
07-07-2003, 07:36 PM
im 47 why- i grew up listening to larry lujack-larry the legend johnson(wind560), dick biondi.
harry carey on wtaq am.
ive been to over 600 sox games,
enough said?

Corkinator
07-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Murphy does the morning show now? I've been away too long. :?: