PDA

View Full Version : Couch, the Sosa apologist...

B. Diddy
07-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Couch is the most clueless sportswriter I've ever seen...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg07.html

WhiteSoxWinner
07-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Oh right, Sham-me* should be there because he hit his 500th homerun? Tell that to Roger Clemens who notched his 300th victory and also won't be there.

Sham-me* should be there because the All-Star game mixes MLB's biggest stars with good first half performers? Tell that to Dontrelle Willis who has been lights out and one of baseball's most talked about talents since his call up.

There are always guys that are deserving that don't make the team, but, bias aside, Sham-me* is not one of those players. Definitely not this year.

Thunderstruck30
07-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Even if Sosa wasnt caught with his corked bat, he still shouldnt be an all star. His stats are not good enough so far. The all stars should be chosen based on their first half performance. The all star game should not be related to how good of a career one has. Clemens should not be an all star just because he won 300 this year. Sosa and Palmeiro should not be an all star just because they hit 500 this year. In 2001 Ripken should not have played just because it was his last season. Only the first half of the season should be considered when choosing the all star teams, not career accomplishments especially now when the all star game "counts".