PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Willis

Viva Magglio
07-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I think Dontrelle Willis was the most stupid omission from the ASG. How could Dusty take Russ Ortiz over him? Oh, wait a minute, didn't Ortiz used to play for Dusty in the Golden Gate City? Hmmm. Dusty isn't playing favorites, is he?

I really hope Dontrelle and the Fighting Fish really show Dusty and the Cubs what they think about this when they play at Wrigley this week.

WillieHarris12
07-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah it's quite gay. Vote Frank! Try to vote at least 300 times!

OEO Magglio
07-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah Dontrelle should definetly be on the team, but I think Wood shouldn't of made it.

Dontrelle= 8-1 2.14era Wood= 8-6 3.36 era

DrCrawdad
07-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I think Dontrelle Willis was the most stupid omission from the ASG. How could Dusty take Russ Ortiz over him? Oh, wait a minute, didn't Ortiz used to play for Dusty in the Golden Gate City? Hmmm. Dusty isn't playing favorites, is he?

I really hope Dontrelle and the Fighting Fish really show Dusty and the Cubs what they think about this when they play at Wrigley this week.

The Cubs don't want Willis on the AS team.

QueerGirrl
07-07-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's game. Willis is going to pitch against the flubbies and kick the crap out of them. That kid totally deserves to be in the ASG. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2003, 05:11 PM
I saw D. Will pitch in Kane County and he's just unreal..the comparisons to Vida Blue are accurate. He's also a breath of fresh air as far as attitude goes, there's a great blurb about him on the back of today's Cubune sports section.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Baker screwed up royally here. It's obvious that he was playing favorites when selected Wood and Ortiz. I am quickly losing any and all respect I once had for him. The man is an ass, plain and simple.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Did Florida get Willis in the Clement move? Was Alfonseca involved in that move? Either way, Dusty does NOT want people knowing the Cubs gave up Willis for Clement or Alfonseca and what better way to hide him than snub him for the ALL STAR team.

WhiteSox = Life
07-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Here you go. (http://www.slam.ca/Slam020327/mlb_marlins-ap.html)

MHOUSE
07-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Ortiz has been very good and is a veteran. He deserves the allstar vote. Willis is better than Wood tho. Wood has been shaky and wild again this season and Willis has been lights out. A little bit of favorites and trying to forget about that trade. Alfonsucka and Clement for Willis and Tavarez? I'm glad they blew it because I couldn't stomach:

Mark "Jesus" Prior
Dontrelle Willis
Kerry Wood
Carlos Zambrano
Estes

Just the first two would be such a media frenzy/barf fest that I would hate it. Plus the fact that in a couple years they would own the league.