PDA

View Full Version : Frank leads ESPN poll

pudge
07-06-2003, 09:19 PM
As of now, Sunday at 9:20, Frank is ahead of Giambi in ESPN's version of the poll... could he actually have a chance to beat out Giambi??

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=308

FJA
07-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pudge
As of now, Sunday at 9:20, Frank is ahead of Giambi in ESPN's version of the poll... could he actually have a chance to beat out Giambi??

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=308

By 1/10 of a percentage point at my check :o:

KEEP VOTING.

doublem23
07-06-2003, 09:29 PM
As of now, he's 2nd behind Varitek by .1%

KEEP VOTING, CHICAGO

WhiteSoxWinner
07-06-2003, 09:35 PM
We have to stay on task!! Let Veritek win the ESPN poll. We need the MLB poll!!

VeeckAsInWreck
07-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Is Red Bull + Mountain Dew a safe combination????
This will take a lot of voting, dammit we can do this Sox fans!

Did you know that Jason Giambi plans on raising your taxes? Frank Thomas says, "No"
:hurt
Vote Frank Thomas for All-Star!

Paid for by: People for The Big Hurt

WillieHarris12
07-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Is Red Bull + Mountain Dew a safe combination????
This will take a lot of voting, dammit we can do this Sox fans!

Did you know that Jason Giambi plans on raising your taxes? Frank Thomas says, "No"
:hurt
Vote Frank Thomas for All-Star!

Paid for by: People for The Big Hurt

850 now for me!!! Daver has about 1700!!!

Daver
07-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
850 now for me!!! Daver has about 1700!!!

Yeah,and I am not a Frank fan,never have been.

:bandance:

DonkeyKongerko
07-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Wow 1700? Guys I think this vote is gonna be close, really close. A few votes here or there will mean alot more than last years joke where Damon blew out the competition.

konerkopeachy
07-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Some assburger keeps voting for Varitek...he's up by .6 of a point as of yet....but never mind ESPN, we need the MLB poll!

Fisk72
07-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Are there any computer programers who can hack into the mlb site and comehow rig up something that will give Frank 5 or 10 votes for every vote another person gets? I know it's dirty, but he's gotta get selected. Perhaps we can create an "evil" banana while we're at it, too!

sox_fan_forever
07-06-2003, 10:55 PM
No way, if it got found out, which it probably would, all votes would be thrown out most likely. I want Frank to win this honestly...so vote early and often. :cool:

jeremyb1
07-06-2003, 11:31 PM
out of curiosity when you guys are voting who are you voting for in the nl? i know jenkins has been getting quite a few votes from me.

WinningUgly!
07-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
out of curiosity when you guys are voting who are you voting for in the nl? i know jenkins has been getting quite a few votes from me.

I've given several hundred to Castillo.

sox_fan_forever
07-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

I haven't voted for anyone in the NL.

jeremyb1
07-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Wow 1700? Guys I think this vote is gonna be close, really close. A few votes here or there will mean alot more than last years joke where Damon blew out the competition.

frank definately has the advantage that he has by far the best numbers of anyone in the poll. hopefully informed baseball fans will vote for the best player often.

MetalliSox
07-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Giambi was batting .210 up until 2 or 3 weeks ago. He doesn't even deserve to be on the 32nd man ballot.

If he gets snubbed, anyone going to the game should bring "Where's Frank?" signs as well as supporting him after the break.

Thunderstruck30
07-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Im voting for Jenkins and Thomas for the 32nd spot on each team.

doublem23
07-07-2003, 12:46 AM
For my NL vote, I was just rotating around Castillo, Cabrerra, Santiago, and Jenkins... No need to give one of them a big advantage while still trying to bury Jesus Corey Patterson.

WhiteSox = Life
07-07-2003, 12:50 AM
I was going for Castillo, and I did give him about 500 votes, but I decided unchecking the box, clicking F. Thomas, then clicking on the validation box and typing in the message, followed by pressing tab and enter once to send, and once to go back to vote was enough.

First and foremost, Frank!

As always, keep voting, Sox fans, and go Frank!

:army

moochpuppy
07-07-2003, 08:19 AM
Thomas down 29.2% to 27.9% to Varitek.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 08:40 AM
No way Giambi loses out after no Yankee extra or pitcher was picked.

hold2dibber
07-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
No way Giambi loses out after no Yankee extra or pitcher was picked.

Don't count out Veritek - the Red Sox have a monstrous, rabid fan base. Last year, Damon absolutely ran away with the thing, even though Maggs had much better stats. Frank, IMHO, has an uphill battle to fight. I'm personally voting like a fiend to help get him over the hump, but Giambi and Veritek are going to be stiff competition.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Don't count out Veritek - the Red Sox have a monstrous, rabid fan base. Last year, Damon absolutely ran away with the thing, even though Maggs had much better stats. Frank, IMHO, has an uphill battle to fight. I'm personally voting like a fiend to help get him over the hump, but Giambi and Veritek are going to be stiff competition.

I understand Damon won by a landslide last year, but Maggs is not a Yankee. Even if Varitek wins, MLB will somehow get Giambi in there (even if they "give" him Sweeney's spot). That's my conspiracy theory for the day. Voting ends the 9th? I just see a Pujols-like eruption in votes for Giambi by the time the 9th rolls around.

harwar
07-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Every half hour espn news is putting up a graphic of the choices that fans can vote for online and,low and behold,Franks' name is missing from the list.Variteks' and Giambis' name are highlighted along with Eric Burnes but no Frank Thomas.What a big surprise.I'll be glad when whoever it is in the espn heirarchy that hates the White Sox so much,either dies or retires.Its been going on since the strike year so its not going away any time soon i guess.

Viva Magglio
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Every half hour espn news is putting up a graphic of the choices that fans can vote for online and,low and behold,Franks' name is missing from the list.Variteks' and Giambis' name are highlighted along with Eric Burnes but no Frank Thomas.What a big surprise.I'll be glad when whoever it is in the espn heirarchy that hates the White Sox so much,either dies or retires.Its been going on since the strike year so its not going away any time soon i guess.

If this issue with ESPNEWS results in Frank not getting elected, could he sue ESPN? Suppose Frank has an ASG incentive in his contract. This could cost Frank money.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 10:11 AM
I have tickets to the game and I really hope Frank makes it, but I bet in the back of everybody's mind are the times he did make it and didn't want to go, or the game where he left DURING the game! People don't forget that stuff. If the game was not here, he probably wouldn't care.

DC Sox Fan
07-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Suppose Frank has an ASG incentive...

Thomas, who gets a $100,000 bonus if he's selected, still has a shot to make the All-Star squad in the on-line voting for the 26th man or as an injury replacement.

$100 large may not be a lot to the hurt, but I'd definitely want that money if I was him!

I'm votin' my butt off now...

Viva Magglio
07-07-2003, 10:28 AM
I have tickets to the game and I really hope Frank makes it, but I bet in the back of everybody's mind are the times he did make it and didn't want to go, or the game where he left DURING the game! People don't forget that stuff. If the game was not here, he probably wouldn't care.

He left the 1995 ASG early, but there was a very good reason he did so that everyone seems to overlook. The White Sox had a game the very next day. Frank was thinking about his team, not him.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He left the 1995 ASG early, but there was a very good reason he did so that everyone seems to overlook. The White Sox had a game the very next day. Frank was thinking about his team, not him.

That's nice, but since EVERY team has a representative at the All Star game, the player(s) from the team the Sox played that next day had a game too! Did that person(s) leave early? Don't get me wrong, I like Frank but that didn't look good at all.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2003, 04:24 PM
That's nice, but since EVERY team has a representative at the All Star game, the player(s) from the team the Sox played that next day had a game too! Did that person(s) leave early? Don't get me wrong, I like Frank but that didn't look good at all.

You're right. What he did doesn't look good at all. However, there were other players who left that game early, and he was the only one singled out for doing it. Sosa left last year's game early. Surprisingly, no one said anything.

Jerko
07-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
You're right. What he did doesn't look good at all. However, there were other players who left that game early, and he was the only one singled out for doing it. Sosa left last year's game early. Surprisingly, no one said anything.

That is true. I am not trying to say Frank was right or wrong when he left early, I am just saying that most people will not feel sorry for him if he does not make the team this year and will not vote for him online because of stuff like that.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2003, 11:38 PM
According to MLB Frank is second right now behind Jason Veritek.

Perhaps if he isn't voted in, he'll be named as an injury replacement for Mike Sweeney.

It sure would be nice to have more All Stars then the Cubs!

Lip