PDA

View Full Version : Ron Santo...

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 04:35 PM
...is having another emotional breakdown. I have been watching the Cardinals-Cubs game, and Al Hrabosky just recounted an interesting story.

The Cardinals are winning the game 4-0, so Harbosky went into the broadcast booth to console Santo. Ron promptly threw him out of the booth. They showed a few closeups of Ron. He is sitting there sulking.

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Who is Al Hrabosky? Cards announcer?

Fridaythe13thJason
07-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
Who is Al Hrabosky? Cards announcer?

Tsk tsk, you mean "living legend" Al Hrabosky?

Yeah, he is one of the Cards' announcers.

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Tsk tsk, you mean "living legend" Al Hrabosky?

Yeah, he is one of the Cards' announcers.

Sorry, I do loosely follow the Cards, but I've never seen a broadcast. I have been to a game at Busch Stadium, though (July of 2000), and I thought it was the best baseball crowd I've ever seen.

FWIW, I do know who Jack and Joe Buck are... :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
07-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
Sorry, I do loosely follow the Cards, but I've never seen a broadcast. I have been to a game at Busch Stadium, though (July of 2000), and I thought it was the best baseball crowd I've ever seen.

FWIW, I do know who Jack and Joe Buck are... :D:

I use that term loosely to describe the announcers that ESPN have claimed as legends. :smile:

DrCrawdad
07-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...is having another emotional breakdown. I have been watching the Cardinals-Cubs game, and Al Hrabosky just recounted an interesting story.

The Cardinals are winning the game 4-0, so Harbosky went into the broadcast booth to console Santo. Ron promptly threw him out of the booth. They showed a few closeups of Ron. He is sitting there sulking.

The thing with Hrbosky was probably just playful teasing. I heard Hrbosky speak glowingly of Santo during Saturday's national broadcast.

TheKYSoxfan
07-07-2003, 12:01 AM
I live in Cardinal country, and Hrabosky has a reputation for bashing the Cubs during broadcasts. His jokes are what probably what pissed Santo off.

More power to you Al!!! :cool:

Jerko
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Santo remembered that?