PDA

View Full Version : Koch Thinks he should still close! HA!


ssang
07-06-2003, 12:58 PM
If anyone out there is a masochist and wants to feel even more insecure about or White Sox, look no further. This is pathetic. Manuel wants to tinker the s*it out of the closer role and Koch thinks he should still close.

Here are some quotes...

Our situation is such that whoever we think fits that night will be in [as the closer]," Manuel said. "There will be times when [Koch] will fit that particular bill."
"There are going to be times when we need [Koch] to get back to closing games, there is no doubt," he said.

And from Billy Boy...

Koch said he would not readily accept a role as set-up man.

"I think that's extreme," Koch said. "I know how to get the job done, and I will get the job, done and I have done the job before during my career 85 percent of the time.

"Eventually it's Jerry's call. Whatever he wants to do, that's his prerogative. As far as I'm concerned, I want to be in that role and I want to keep doing the job."


This is such a joke!!!! Koch has some balls to make a comment like that after the way he's been pitching.

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ssang
If anyone out there is a masochist and wants to feel even more insecure about or White Sox, look no further. This is pathetic. Manuel wants to tinker the s*it out of the closer role and Koch thinks he should still close.

Here are some quotes...

Our situation is such that whoever we think fits that night will be in [as the closer]," Manuel said. "There will be times when [Koch] will fit that particular bill."
"There are going to be times when we need [Koch] to get back to closing games, there is no doubt," he said.

And from Billy Boy...

Koch said he would not readily accept a role as set-up man.

"I think that's extreme," Koch said. "I know how to get the job done, and I will get the job, done and I have done the job before during my career 85 percent of the time.

"Eventually it's Jerry's call. Whatever he wants to do, that's his prerogative. As far as I'm concerned, I want to be in that role and I want to keep doing the job."


This is such a joke!!!! Koch has some balls to make a comment like that after the way he's been pitching.

At first, i thought we should just get koch some roles in the 7th and 8th innings of games that we are winning or losing by a lot to try and build his confidence, but after hearing that i say ship his a** out of town!!! It takes a pretty selfish not caring about the team, self minded jerk to say something like that after he just blew a game that cost a red hot team it's momentum, when he had a 2 run lead, against the DEVIL RAYS!!! AHHHH!!!!!! :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ssang
If anyone out there is a masochist and wants to feel even more insecure about or White Sox, look no further. This is pathetic. Manuel wants to tinker the s*it out of the closer role and Koch thinks he should still close.

Here are some quotes...

Our situation is such that whoever we think fits that night will be in [as the closer]," Manuel said. "There will be times when [Koch] will fit that particular bill."
"There are going to be times when we need [Koch] to get back to closing games, there is no doubt," he said.

And from Billy Boy...

Koch said he would not readily accept a role as set-up man.

"I think that's extreme," Koch said. "I know how to get the job done, and I will get the job, done and I have done the job before during my career 85 percent of the time.

"Eventually it's Jerry's call. Whatever he wants to do, that's his prerogative. As far as I'm concerned, I want to be in that role and I want to keep doing the job."


This is such a joke!!!! Koch has some balls to make a comment like that after the way he's been pitching.

This series of quotes more or less summarizes most of the problems within the Sox organization. Koch is whining because he isn't the full-time closer anymore, and Jerry Manuel has decided to continue tinkering with the pitching staff. Will this crap ever end?

I will never understand why the Sox can't find competent people to run the team. Is it really so hard? Jerry Reinsdorf says he wants to win. Fine. I believe that. I believe that about as much as I belived Sammy Sosa when he said that he didn't know his bat was corked.

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!

:selljerry

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Perhaps JM is just trying to be diplomatic? We'll see what happens when we get into our next save situation. It should be obvious to everyone by now (even JM) that Koch is no longer closer material. I'll feel better if I see him play mop-up later today.

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ssang

And from Billy Boy...

Koch said he would not readily accept a role as set-up man.

"I think that's extreme," Koch said. "I know how to get the job done, and I will get the job, done and I have done the job before during my career 85 percent of the time.


Someone should point out to Krotch that his current save percentage is 73%. That's not acceptable for a closer.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This series of quotes more or less summarizes most of the problems within the Sox organization. Koch is whining because he isn't the full-time closer anymore, and Jerry Manuel has decided to continue tinkering with the pitching staff. Will this crap ever end?

I will never understand why the Sox can't find competent people to run the team. Is it really so hard? Jerry Reinsdorf says he wants to win. Fine. I believe that. I believe that about as much as I belived Sammy Sosa when he said that he didn't know his bat was corked.

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!

:selljerry

What does this have to do with competent management? Jerry said the thing that every manager with a struggling closer would say, and Koch has an attitude. A good manager won't change that.

Hangar18
07-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Release Koch. theres no reason he should be on this team.
hes got one pitch, the curve ball. thats it. he has NO fastball
anymore....

xil357
07-07-2003, 09:16 AM
While I think Koch is turning into the Bobby Thigpen of 91/92, if he hasn't already, I'm not so sure if Marte or Gordon is the answer, either.

I think we all should at least consider the possibility that Marte (and Gordon for that matter) has been so dominant because he hasn't been so exposed and has been used in situations where he is more likely to succeed.

I'm not saying Marte (or Gordon) is not the answer, but I am saying that the Sox need to proceed with caution.

If they trade for a starter, would Wright make an effective closer, because his exposure would be more limited than he has been as a starter?

I am open to a change because Koch is probably done, but the Sox better be sure that whoever they replace him with truly is a better closer.

ssang
07-07-2003, 09:21 AM
What are the chances the Sox acquire Weaver and then proceed to stick him into the closer role? I think it's worth a shot. Any chance of this happening???

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Is Weaver overpowering enough to be a closer? Granted, anyone has got to be more overpowering than Koch...

SoxxoS
07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
On the whole Koch debate, please see the signature, and realize that is only after ONE HALF of the season. Imagine if he has 16 "bad games" as a reliever. Holy crap.

harwar
07-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Its too bad really.The guy has the perfect bulldog attitude for the closer role,but he just won't(or can;t) face the fact that he has lost it.Even when he was throwing 98 or 99 last year,his fast ball was straight and he got lit up a lot.The A's offense bailed him out at least 11 times.A's fans were as happy to him go as we were to see Jimenez gone from second base.

duke of dorwood
07-07-2003, 12:23 PM
:bkoch:

I guarantee I will not blow a save today, July 7, 20003

JRIG
07-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Its too bad really.The guy has the perfect bulldog attitude for the closer role,but he just won't(or can;t) face the fact that he has lost it.Even when he was throwing 98 or 99 last year,his fast ball was straight and he got lit up a lot.The A's offense bailed him out at least 11 times.A's fans were as happy to him go as we were to see Jimenez gone from second base.

His fastball has been straight as an arrow every year he's been in the big leagues. This should come as no surprise to anyone. And, if you look, Koch's stats in 2001 are pretty close to what he's putting up now in 2003.

QueerGirrl
07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Koch is an idiot!!! Manuel better bury him in the bullpen! :angry: