PDA

View Full Version : Maggs to SanDiego as a FA?

DirtySouthsider
07-06-2003, 12:22 PM
In Sundays Sun-Times it said there are rumors going around that Maggs wouldn't mind going to play for the Padres when his contract is up after next year.
Why does this crap always happen to the Sox?

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in that. Why the hell would anyone want to play for the Padres?

hose
07-06-2003, 12:41 PM
:reinsy

Don't look at me

TornLabrum
07-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
In Sundays Sun-Times it said there are rumors going around that Maggs wouldn't mind going to play for the Padres when his contract is up after next year.

I can just see it now.

Reporter: "Magglio, you'll be a free agent after next year. Any ideas of where you'd like to go if you don't stay with the White Sox.

Ordonez: "Um..."

Reporter: "Well, the Padres are going to a new stadium next year, and they might be looking for help. What do you think about San Diego?"

Ordonez: "I wouldn't mind that."

HEADLINE: "ORDONEZ CONSIDERS PADRES"

Lip Man 1
07-06-2003, 01:05 PM
This "crap" always seems to happen to the White Sox because they haven't won anything of substance in over forty years and have a history of letting their good players go as opposed to keeping them around because of financial restrictions.

That being said I don't think Mags will go to San Diego. The Yankees are always a possibility in fact I remember a published column a few years back from Skip Bayless that made the claim that Mags would be the Yanks starting right fielder by 2005.

Lip

MarqSox
07-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider

Yeah, because the Sox have a monopoly on players leaving as free agents.

sox_fan_forever
07-06-2003, 02:19 PM
The Padres? rofl :D:

WillieHarris12
07-06-2003, 02:36 PM
It's all a part of the Chairman's plan! Let Ordonez walk and bring Reed up in 2005.

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I can just see it now.

Reporter: "Magglio, you'll be a free agent after next year. Any ideas of where you'd like to go if you don't stay with the White Sox.

Ordonez: "Um..."

Reporter: "Well, the Padres are going to a new stadium next year, and they might be looking for help. What do you think about San Diego?"

Ordonez: "I wouldn't mind that."

HEADLINE: "ORDONEZ CONSIDERS PADRES"

I'll bet that's exactly it. Looks like the Sun-Times one-upped the Cubune in their anti-Sox coverage this time...

oldcomiskey
07-06-2003, 06:38 PM
and ESPN said that jeff Weaver was gonna be here---if the people complain about the press they should not believe what is written in it

doublem23
07-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Someday people will realize...

Chicago sports media = stupid morons.

Don't listen to them.

TornLabrum
07-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Here's another point that I haven't see brought up: Maggs is signed through 2004.