PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Sunday, 7-6 Vs. D_Rays

voodoochile
07-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Use this thread for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

GO SOX!

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 12:56 PM
:hurt

"I wonder if Jerry 'The Tinkerer' Manuel will bench me again."

:maggs

"Me, too."

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 01:10 PM
:manos
"me three"

:versatile
"god i'm glad i left this team, the most versatile player in sports is better off unemployed than playing under the tinkerer"

OEO Magglio
07-06-2003, 01:11 PM
More Tinkering from Manuel:
2b Alomar
cf Rowand
dh Thomas
rf Maggs
lf Everett
1b Konerko
ss valentin
3b crede
c alomar

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 01:13 PM
graffanino and olivo deserve to be benched after yesterday's disaster, but konerko over daubach?? Great work Jerry, sit arguably our hottest hitter when we haven't hit the ball all weekend...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-06-2003, 01:23 PM
:caballo
"Hooray! It's my turn for a rest. Maybe I'll play LF for my kid's little league team on Monday. I've already had my day off."

:hurt
"I get to sit in the dugout and stew between my 4 at-bats today. As everyone knows, I do much better at the plate when I'm the DH. Oh, wait..."

:walnuts
"I was told I would get plenty of playing time in Tampa this weekend. Who says Manuel's words are meaningless!"

:maggs
"Since I'm starting today, we had better get an early lead. Manuel won't have me available for pinch hitting duty in the ninth!"

:jerry
"It's clear as mud, isn't it Sox Fans?"

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 01:28 PM
everett, just like yesterday in the 9th inning, comes through with a man in scoring position and 2 outs..... :(: manuel might be the only man in sox history that makes sox fans feel like they suffer as much as cubs fans...

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Is Manuel trying to get fired? Good grief!

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 01:57 PM
WOW i thought the crede homer was a bomb, mags really crushed that thing, it almost hit the roof of that center field hitter eye thingy..

chosk8
07-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Too bad Maggs was out of the line-up yesterday

oheeoh...magglio
07-06-2003, 02:07 PM
yeah....and too bad we couldn't pinch hit for him in the 6th, opting instead to let tony graffanino and miguel olivo bat in the clutch. O well, at least we are doing well today, and mags has a good shot at getting the cycle...

39thandWallace
07-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Looks like we don't have much to complain about today. Except maybe the fact they could spread out there run production over the course of the series.

Good job on that bunt Rowand!

B. Diddy
07-06-2003, 02:49 PM
So do we see Krotch in mop-up duty today? Here's hoping so...

WhiteSoxWinner
07-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Nice, Manos. Get hit, jaw, but don't charge the mound, and take your revenge on the base pathes with a steal.

OEO Magglio
07-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Am I seeing things, or is Gary Glover actually in the game?

doublem23
07-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Wasn't the point of getting Carl Everett to keep Willie Harri and Aaron Rowand (the amazingly worthless platoon) from starting everyday?

RKMeibalane
07-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Wasn't the point of getting Carl Everett to keep Willie Harri and Aaron Rowand (the amazingly worthless platoon) from starting everyday?

It was, but Jerry Manuel has managed to screw that up.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

flo-B-flo
07-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Sox left...what?...14 men on base last night? Hows that manuel's fault? You guys are sounding more and more like the power whiners on talk radio. 80 something games into the season and one game under the cub line. EVERYONE has to take the blame for this bullcrap not just the manager. If the same crap happens when Wally Backman manages next year, who's fault is it then? Manuel should take the heat for the K(r)och blowups, but even there this is the guy that was given to him to be the closer. As for the constant tinkering, if there was some friggin consistency by some of our underachieving good hitters maybe there would be a solid starting lineup. One game below the cub line EVERYONE look in the mirror!!

siugrad25
07-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Kudos to all the fans that made it out to The Trop for this afternoon's game. We were amazed on how many Sox fans were in attendance. It made me miss being home a little bit more, but to see so many Sox jerseys/t-shirts throughout the stadium, it was satisfying. Even some of the people around us were commenting on how many of us were there... Way to go Sox fans!!!