PDA

View Full Version : Note to Billy Koch...

cheeses_h_rice
07-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey, uh, in case you hadn't noticed, we're in the beginning stages of a playoff race, you dolt.

Thanks to you -- and only you -- the Sox are now 4.5 back of the f*#king Royals, who know how to mop up against crummy teams.

When Daubach hit that insurance-shot homer in the 9th, I thought, "Phew, at least Koch can't blow this lead." I guess your theory is "I'll let as many guys get on base as the Sox lead by, and then we'll see what happens."

Jackass.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
...When Daubach hit that insurance-shot homer in the 9th, I thought, "Phew, at least Koch can't blow this lead." I guess your theory is "I'll let as many guys get on base as the Sox lead by, and then we'll see what happens."

I was thinking the exact same thing. That ninth inning home run should have sealed the deal. That's what makes this loss especially hard to bear. We should have pounded more runs off Zambrano, but Koch was given plenty to work with.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I was thinking the exact same thing. That ninth inning home run should have sealed the deal. That's what makes this loss especially hard to bear. We should have pounded more runs off Zambrano, but Koch was given plenty to work with.

Agreed. A small minority of fans was complaining about the lack of offense from yesterday's game. However, sometimes runs can be hard to come by. That's part of the game. It is the pitcher's responsibility to protect the lead he has been given. Not only did Koch fail to do this, but he lost the game altogether. That is not acceptable, especially on a team that is trying to win its division.

RedPinStripes
07-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Up by 2 runs vs. the ****in devil rays , any half assed closer should be able to get out of it. Especially one who makes over 5 mill a year. I honestly thought the insureance hr was gonna be enough even for Koch.

harwar
07-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Whats sad . about yesterdays game is that we should have had a 5 or 6 run lead.Zambrano was throwing about 2 strikes in 10 for the first 4 innings but everyone was swinging wildly for the fences except Alomar & Thomas.
Whats really sad .. is that the pitch that won the game wasn't even a strike but,you know, throwing low and in to a lefty is always dangerous.
Whats terribly and painfully sad ... is that i think we were all ready to get behind the guy if he could just get anyone out.

ihatethecubs
07-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Killing
Our
Championship
H opes

gosox41
07-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
Killing
Our
Championship
H opes

I like it. You should make a sign and take it to the next Sox home game.

Bob

gosox41
07-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hey, uh, in case you hadn't noticed, we're in the beginning stages of a playoff race, you dolt.

Thanks to you -- and only you -- the Sox are now 4.5 back of the f*#king Royals, who know how to mop up against crummy teams.

When Daubach hit that insurance-shot homer in the 9th, I thought, "Phew, at least Koch can't blow this lead." I guess your theory is "I'll let as many guys get on base as the Sox lead by, and then we'll see what happens."

Jackass.

I think it was agains the Cubs when after a game Koch actually pitched decently in he said something like "There's your f***** heater."

I have one question: Where is it?? I see a bunch of 92-93 MPH straight fastballs.

Bob

Thunderstruck30
07-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
Killing
Our
Championship
H opes

LOL. Thats pretty good...and true. I agree, you should make a sign like that and take it to a game.