PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasters

Paulwny
07-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Are these guys paid by the number of words that come from their mouths?
Yesterday-- yankee radio-- not exact words
John Sterling-- Rivera replaces Mondesi in rf
Charley Steiner--Since Mondesi has played the majority of games in rf Torre had planned to give him a day off Wed. in Balt. but that game was rained out and yesterday was an off day. With the red sox having a 6 run lead Torre is able to give him a few innings off today.

Also, I've heard this from numerous announcers--2-0 on the batter, he swings at a marginal pitch and fouls it off. The announcers--" Good bat control, he was able to take a pitchers pitch and foul it off."
HE WAS FOOLED BY THE PITCH . Why would a batter with a 2-0 count swing at a pitch that he can't hit with authorityand possibly hit a weak grounder or a pop-up?

guillen4life13
07-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Yesterday-- yankee radio-- not exact words
John Sterling-- Rivera replaces Mondesi in rf
Charley Steiner--Since Mondesi has played the majority of games in rf Torre had planned to give him a day off Wed. in Balt. but that game was rained out and yesterday was an off day. With the red sox having a 6 run lead Torre is able to give him a few innings off today.

Also, I've heard this from numerous announcers--2-0 on the batter, he swings at a marginal pitch and fouls it off. The announcers--" Good bat control, he was able to take a pitchers pitch and foul it off."
HE WAS FOOLED BY THE PITCH . Why would a batter with a 2-0 count swing at a pitch that he can't hit with authorityand possibly hit a weak grounder or a pop-up?

Well, these broadcasters want to put off the impression that they know what they're talking about. We, of course, know better. :D:

captain54
07-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I believe Ed Farmer is paid by the number of useless, inane stories he tries to squeeze in between pitches...he barely is able to call the game in order to tell us how the greens were on the golf course he was at this morning, or what happened in 1981 when he had a conversation with his catcher during a game....

I know you are a fellow St. Rita alumni, but c'mon Ed, your stories put me to sleep....

RKMeibalane
07-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by captain54
I know you are a fellow St. Rita alumni, but c'mon Ed, your stories put me to sleep....

I lost all respect for Farmer during Spring Training, when he kept saying that Frank Thomas needed to "make the team." What a load of crap.