PDA

View Full Version : JM Hints Koch Loses Closer Job


Viva Magglio
07-05-2003, 09:17 AM
"You have been on the edge for so long, and now [Koch] finally breaks," Manuel said. "You probably have to try to get better matchups for him—maybe a little earlier in the game." --Jerry Manuel

Welcome to mop up duty, Billy.

harwar
07-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Welcome to mop up duty, Billy.

Better yet,jump him in the shower..beat the snot out of him and put him on the DL.In a few weeks he goes down to AAA for a rehab stint and just leave him there all year.Problem solved.If that guy worked on a ship he would have "fallen overboard" already,i've seen it happen.I guess i've just had enough of KWs' brilliant moves.Also,look for Everett to be totally useless in CF.It seems to me that KW is dancing as fast as he can and is just spinning in circles.

gosox41
07-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Better yet,jump him in the shower..beat the snot out of him and put him on the DL.In a few weeks he goes down to AAA for a rehab stint and just leave him there all year.Problem solved.If that guy worked on a ship he would have "fallen overboard" already,i've seen it happen.I guess i've just had enough of KWs' brilliant moves.Also,look for Everett to be totally useless in CF.It seems to me that KW is dancing as fast as he can and is just spinning in circles.

Ifathe Sox could trade this guy for a bucket of s***, I would make that trade today.

Bob

JaBBz
07-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Before:

http://www.baseball.ca/BaseballCanadaHHRTImages/koch.jpg

After:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/dmilam1.jpg

NC_sox_fan
07-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I guess i've just had enough of KWs' brilliant moves.Also,look for Everett to be totally useless in CF.It seems to me that KW is dancing as fast as he can and is just spinning in circles.


We (the NC Sox fans) think that Kenny is scrambling just to save his job. Aren't Alomar and Everett just temporary fixes???? It's sad what KW is doing to the minors in order to acquire players that he should have already had to get the job done!!!!!!

dickallen15
07-05-2003, 10:46 AM
JM said Koch's loss of velocity may indicate something is wrong. How many appearances has this guy made? You can tell there is something wrong virtually every time he goes out there. They should put him in the pitch-once-a-month-when the game is over role now occupied by Gary Glover. Koch has been as bad pitching as Konerko has hitting this season.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I would put more stock in this if ANYTHING Jerry Manuel had said he was going to do the past 2-1/2 seasons was subsequently acted upon. Words coming out of this man's mouth are MEANINGLESS. If Koch doesn't close Saturday's game, who among us would be the least surprised to see Koch closing the game on Sunday?

It has become a frickin' joke what Jerry Manuel SAYS and what Jerry Manuel DOES.

So Manuel says Koch may get better match ups "earlier in the game"? Here's the translation into English:

:jerry
"Iskkod aoiod, aioid iosri aiowm."

I'll believe it when I see it.

dickallen15
07-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I would put more stock in this if ANYTHING Jerry Manuel had said he was going to do the past 2-1/2 seasons was subsequently acted upon. Words coming out of this man's mouth are MEANINGLESS. If Koch doesn't close Saturday's game, who among us would be the least surprised to see Koch closing the game on Sunday?

It has become a frickin' joke what Jerry Manuel SAYS and what Jerry Manuel DOES.

So Manuel says Koch may get better match ups "earlier in the game"? Here's the translation into English:

:jerry
"Iskkod aoiod, aioid iosri aiowm."

I'll believe it when I see it.


Agreed, but now 85 games into the season and Koch throwing 88-91 mph, first they said the guns were off, of course they were right for everyone else, JM says with velocity that much lower than before, "something must be going on. " Why oh why do they keep putting him out there? When is the last time he pitched when a run didn't score after he came in?

guillen4life13
07-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JaBBz
Before:

http://www.baseball.ca/BaseballCanadaHHRTImages/koch.jpg

After:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/dmilam1.jpg

Now that's just wrong.

A belated welcome to WSI!

oldcomiskey
07-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
We (the NC Sox fans) think that Kenny is scrambling just to save his job. Aren't Alomar and Everett just temporary fixes???? It's sad what KW is doing to the minors in order to acquire players that he should have already had to get the job done!!!!!!
and who exactly did he give up-----I cant think of a soul thats beeter for this team right now than Everett and Alomar--theres a reason why they are still minor leaguers---they aint any good to us

southsidegirl
07-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JaBBz
Before:

http://www.baseball.ca/BaseballCanadaHHRTImages/koch.jpg

After:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/dmilam1.jpg

Oh god! That's gonna give me nightmares! As if Kroch doesn't give me nightmares already.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I would put more stock in this if ANYTHING Jerry Manuel had said he was going to do the past 2-1/2 seasons was subsequently acted upon. Words coming out of this man's mouth are MEANINGLESS. If Koch doesn't close Saturday's game, who among us would be the least surprised to see Koch closing the game on Sunday?

It has become a frickin' joke what Jerry Manuel SAYS and what Jerry Manuel DOES.

So Manuel says Koch may get better match ups "earlier in the game"? Here's the translation into English:

:jerry
"Iskkod aoiod, aioid iosri aiowm."

I'll believe it when I see it.

I was thinking the exact same thing, PHG. Last week, Manuel said that Paul Konerko was "benched indefinitely." Yet, Konerko played two days later. After Wednesday night's game, Manuel said that Konerko would be getting more playing time, as long as he continued to hit. What happened? Konerko was on the bench yesterday.

Jerry Manuel changes his mind about as often as the average person breathes. Whenever he says something, I fully expect the opposite to happen, because that's been the pattern he has set over the past two seasons.

-----> :jerry

****ing idiot

duke of dorwood
07-05-2003, 01:24 PM
:jerry

I dont believe in MOMENTUM

MHOUSE
07-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Koch is a schmuck. He had a heavy workload last season and has worked A LOT this season. I am nervous that Jerry is going to blow out Marte soon with all the innings he's getting. Koch seems to have burned out all ready. He's 5-5 as a closer. That's a lot of decisions for your closer. I see why he had 15 decisons last season. Almost there just 5 more.

voodoochile
07-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Koch is a schmuck. He had a heavy workload last season and has worked A LOT this season. I am nervous that Jerry is going to blow out Marte soon with all the innings he's getting. Koch seems to have burned out all ready. He's 5-5 as a closer. That's a lot of decisions for your closer. I see why he had 15 decisons last season. Almost there just 5 more.

He picked up 3 of those wins and one of those losses in the last week.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Something else to consider from yesterday.

Koch is ahead in the count 1-2 and throws a hanging curve ball (upstairs) to Martin who tommahawks it for a single.

Koch is ahead in the count 0-1 to Crawford and throws a hanging slider that is golfed out for a home run.

WHO IS CALLING THE PITCHES?

And if it's Koch, is that the clearest indication yet that either something is wrong with his arm or his head if he's lost confidence in his fast ball?

Just wondering...

Lip

NC_sox_fan
07-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
and who exactly did he give up-----I cant think of a soul thats beeter for this team right now than Everett and Alomar--theres a reason why they are still minor leaguers---they aint any good to us

Yeah...that's right.... No Sox minor leaguer was ever worth anything... right.... How about Frank Thomas, Magglio, Carlos, Crede.... Yeah...they all are worthless to ya.... yeah..... Who needs em? Should have traded em when we could!!!!!!!

spanishwhite
07-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
Yeah...that's right.... No Sox minor leaguer was ever worth anything... right.... How about Frank Thomas, Magglio, Carlos, Crede.... Yeah...they all are worthless to ya.... yeah..... Who needs em? Should have traded em when we could!!!!!!!

I agree with you NC but we have plenty to give up. We have Marte and Koch? up in the majors with Ginter and possibly Wright being looked at as relievers too. Ring is expendable for the right price. Almonte looked to have a future as journeyman, and I doubt that Salvo will be in the majors. I think that Almonte and Salvo were included for the fact that they are from New York.

Now, we are about to give up Webster and Rupe? supposedly. Webster is behind Anderson and is probably tied with Nanita in terms of depth chart with Reed moving over. So he was bound to be traded. I just wish it was for somebody better than Everett. I personally dont like the fact that Rupe is being traded. He is quickly moving up the prospect chart and is almost certain to at least sniff the majors. There are plenty of other pitchers I would sacrifice over him especially since he is one of the few strikeout pitchers we have in the minors.

I hope KW doesnt get too crazy with these deals.