PDA

View Full Version : Washington Mutual Freebies


StillMissOzzie
07-05-2003, 03:24 AM
Did any of you who went to the game vs. the Scrubs last Sunday where they gave out the free interleague hats sponsored by Washington Mutual happen to notice the free ticket tag on the hat? I'll bet many didn't, judging from the number of tags that were scattered on the ground by the up escalator. Anyhow, these aren't Wedneday afternoon games in the upper deck they're handing out, these are lower deck reserved and lower deck box seats. Some are for 8/22 and some are for 8/23 (I have 4 hats, after all...)
1) Did they hand out tix to any other dates besides these two?
2) If so, anyone interested in a swap for the 8/23 game? Afraid I'll be away in Margaritaville that night (Jimmy Buffett @ Tweeter Center)

:gulp:

dickallen15
07-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Did any of you who went to the game vs. the Scrubs last Sunday where they gave out the free interleague hats sponsored by Washington Mutual happen to notice the free ticket tag on the hat? I'll bet many didn't, judging from the number of tags that were scattered on the ground by the up escalator. Anyhow, these aren't Wedneday afternoon games in the upper deck they're handing out, these are lower deck reserved and lower deck box seats. Some are for 8/22 and some are for 8/23 (I have 4 hats, after all...)
1) Did they hand out tix to any other dates besides these two?
2) If so, anyone interested in a swap for the 8/23 game? Afraid I'll be away in Margaritaville that night (Jimmy Buffett @ Tweeter Center)

:gulp:

8/22 is Elvis night

voodoochile
07-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Did any of you who went to the game vs. the Scrubs last Sunday where they gave out the free interleague hats sponsored by Washington Mutual happen to notice the free ticket tag on the hat? I'll bet many didn't, judging from the number of tags that were scattered on the ground by the up escalator. Anyhow, these aren't Wedneday afternoon games in the upper deck they're handing out, these are lower deck reserved and lower deck box seats. Some are for 8/22 and some are for 8/23 (I have 4 hats, after all...)
1) Did they hand out tix to any other dates besides these two?
2) If so, anyone interested in a swap for the 8/23 game? Afraid I'll be away in Margaritaville that night (Jimmy Buffett @ Tweeter Center)

:gulp:

The tag clearly stated that only the first 100 tags turned in were good for tickets. I figured with 45K in the stands, they would go pretty quickly and didn't bother pursuing it.

FanOf14
07-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The tag clearly stated that only the first 100 tags turned in were good for tickets. I figured with 45K in the stands, they would go pretty quickly and didn't bother pursuing it.

I noticed it on the hats and the first 100 thing as well and figured they'd be gone before I'd have time to get there.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The tag clearly stated that only the first 100 tags turned in were good for tickets. I figured with 45K in the stands, they would go pretty quickly and didn't bother pursuing it.

I must say, that is one lousy promotion. The fact you and plenty of other fans were throwing away the tags is proof of how lousy it was. In a crowd of 45,000, NOBODY bothers with getting a discount good for only 100 people.

Either make the discount smaller good with any tag, or don't make the offer at all. If the Sox still have money in their promotional budget burning a hole in JR's pocket, spend it on something everyone has a "chance" at winning. For example, if the Sox score 5 or more runs everybody gets a donut from Dunkin Donuts.

Do you ever get the idea that Sox Marketing could screw up a one car funeral?


Frickin' idiot ----------> :gallas

sox_fan_forever
07-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Guys, the tag says first 1000, not 100. I just double checked mine after reading your posts. Yep, it's the first 1000, not 100.

voodoochile
07-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Guys, the tag says first 1000, not 100. I just double checked mine after reading your posts. Yep, it's the first 1000, not 100.

No more beer for Voodoo...

They have to be redeemed by Monday, though...

StillMissOzzie
07-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Sox_fan_forever, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to chastise FanOf14 & voodoo to see their eye doctor. Yes it is the first 1000, not 100, to get a pair of tickets. Maybe nobody else is doing this, because I know of two more pairs that got snapped up by others who I knew were at last Sunday's game. I will agree with PHG, though, that even 1000 out of about 45000 is not a real good promotion.

I never did get a chance to try for my 3rd pair today, though.

:gulp:

ewokpelts
07-06-2003, 01:12 PM
........the hats were given out to 10,000 people...which means that 10% would take advantage of the offer....AND I DIDNT EVEN GO TO THE GAME!

sox_fan_forever
07-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Actually, I think everyone who attended the game got a hat, or was supposed to anyway. I rememeber this because when I walked up to the gate the sign said all fans received a hat. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. It stuck in my head because I was not early to the game so I was pleased to see that I'd still receive a hat.