PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks between Twinks & Toons

Viva Magglio
07-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Suspensions could help us.

Linky (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0704/1576853.html)

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Great.

I think we should pay attention to what Kansas City is doing though. I like to keep an eye on the first-place team. I'm a radical thinker like that. :D:

Viva Magglio
07-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'm a radical thinker like that. :D:

Or a radical tinkerer?

RKMeibalane
07-04-2003, 08:55 PM
More drama involving the Twins. That team is nothing more than a collection of troublemakers.

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Or a radical tinkerer?

Little from the left, little from the right. :o:

RedPinStripes
07-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Bunch of thugs.

JRIG
07-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Bunch of thugs.

Are you kidding? The Twins are America's Team!

:boston
"Obviously the Indians, White Sox and every other team the Twins have fought this year were jealous of their talent. Minnesota has enough to win 110-115 games this year."

RedPinStripes
07-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Are you kidding? The Twins are America's Team!

:boston
"Obviously the Indians, White Sox and every other team the Twins have fought this year were jealous of their talent. Minnesota has enough to win 110-115 games this year."

ha!

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-04-2003, 11:07 PM
I hate torii hunter - what a troublemaker

MHOUSE
07-04-2003, 11:16 PM
He takes exception to everything. An inside pitch early in the game and he jumps all over Davis? That's ridiculous. Then the ump tosses Davis for it? That's as bad as when Garland was tossed for that bad pitch without a warning. Davis was absolutely livid at the umpire, that was crazy to see him screaming like that. Hopefully Hunter is suspended.

FanOf14
07-05-2003, 01:37 PM
What is with TorII? That guy thinks he is God's gift to baseball. He may be damn fine with a glove but he isn't as hot and awesome as he seems to think he is. He needs to get that chip off his shoulder, his head shrunk and quit picking idiotic fights. It's one thing to charge after getting hit, but to pick a fight because it was close it absolutely juvenile.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
What is with TorII? That guy thinks he is God's gift to baseball. He may be damn fine with a glove but he isn't as hot and awesome as he seems to think he is. He needs to get that chip off his shoulder, his head shrunk and quit picking idiotic fights. It's one thing to charge after getting hit, but to pick a fight because it was close it absolutely juvenile.

Hunter has sucked with the bat this season. I would imagine that he is frustrated, and he probably wants to turn it around. Having said that, there is no excuse for his poor behavior. He is a five-year-old trapped in man's body. Every time the Twins are involved in an altercation, either Hunter or "Choir Boy" Dougie manages to get involved. The Twins are nothing more than a team of whiners and complainers.

kevingrt
07-05-2003, 03:39 PM
This better not spark the Twinkies like it sparked us in 2000 after the Detroit Tiggers brawl. This could be scary soon.

FanOf14
07-05-2003, 03:48 PM
The first few brawls there were involved in (Royals, Tigers, and possibly more I can't think of at this second) didn't seem to work, so let's hope that this won't!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
The first few brawls there were involved in (Royals, Tigers, and possibly more I can't think of at this second) didn't seem to work, so let's hope that this won't!

I think the big difference between the Twinkies this year and last is the role team finances is playing on all the miserable pukes employed by Pohlad. They're beginning to realize the real enemy isn't the Sox or baseball's establishment, but their own owner. Some of these guys are making no headway in contract negotiations.

The bloom is off the Twinkie rose. Below par talent and cheap ownership makes for an also-ran team. Gardenhire and his ten cent carny motivational tactics will not make a bit of difference.

:bandance:

:garner
"Hiya, ****faces! I'm still looking for a job. So if Gardenhire can't motivate the troops, just give me a call. I'm waiting by my phone!"