PDA

View Full Version : We cannot afford to be losing to Tampa Bay...

Viva Magglio
07-04-2003, 08:28 PM
...when Minnesota is playing Cleveland and Kansas City is playing Detroit. This loss better have been the last straw with Koch as far as Manuel is concerned.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2003, 08:33 PM
I'm less worried about Koch or whoever it is that Manuel chooses to close games. **** happens, and it happened to the Sox today.

Instead, I'm worried about not getting over .500. It's still fresh in my memory how we spent TWO FRICKIN' MONTHS trying to get one lousy game over .500 back in 2001. We basically blew the entire season trying to overcome this mediocre milestone.

The Sox are not contenders, but mere pretenders, until they win more games than they lose. We haven't gotten there yet.

Today Koch ate the victory banana. Luckily we have a whole bunch of 'em!

:bandance:
"I'm still dancing!"

ilsox7
07-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Bottom line is this team needs to win the next 2 games. We'll see what their made of now...

Lip Man 1
07-04-2003, 09:27 PM
But remember according to some posters the Sox were going into the "easy" part of the schedule.

No "easy" games in baseball...EVER!

LOL

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Today Koch ate the victory banana.

Actually, I think he slipped on the peel.

white sox bill
07-05-2003, 09:19 AM
We need to take the next 2 games v the D Rays. I expect winning 2 of 3 and all will be ok in Soxland. Anything less and its iffy..

Viva Magglio
07-05-2003, 09:21 AM
I just hope the effects of Koch's blow yesterday does result in a week of corpseball. In that past, that is exactly what has happened.

Dan H
07-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I agree with Lip. You can't assume anything just because you're heading into a so called "easy schedule." You still have to execute, and not allow a let down. But this is just one game. While you can't get carried away by beating the Cubs, you can't too depressed about losing one to Tampa Bay.

guillen4life13
07-05-2003, 12:26 PM
I'll go on the record by saying, that had this loss come against the Twins or Royals, I would kiss this season goodbye. Luckily, and thankfully, that's not the case.

The Sox in the last couple of years, have had problems winning games after a game in which the closer blew it in the ninth.

Don't worry be happy.