View Full Version : The Scene In The Sox Clubhouse

RKMeibalane
07-04-2003, 08:06 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/_photos/darth.jpg

"Koch, I am most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

:bkoch:

"I will try harder next time."

http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/_photos/darth.jpg

"I certainly hope so, for your sake. I will not tolerate any further displays of incompetence."

ilsox7
07-04-2003, 08:09 PM
"I will try harder next time."

Excuse me? There sure as hell better not be a next time.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Actually, the scene I would like to have in mind is from The Untouchables when Robert DiNero (as Al Capone) takes BP off a lieutenant's head.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Actually, the scene I would like to have in mind is from The Untouchables when Robert DiNero (as Al Capone) takes BP off a lieutenant's head.

Viva, remind me never to play ball on any team you might manage.

:)

harwar
07-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Now that i'm calmer and am more rational i can see that theres' really nothin for it but to get used to it.Koch is under contract for TWO YEARS and we will just keep putting him out there and watching him blow ONE SAVE AFTER ANOTHER.Oh well back outside to the bbq.That MF turned a great party into a bunch of angry people..thanx a lot Koch.

jeremyb1
07-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Now that i'm calmer and am more rational i can see that theres' really nothin for it but to get used to it.Koch is under contract for TWO YEARS and we will just keep putting him out there and watching him blow ONE SAVE AFTER ANOTHER.Oh well back outside to the bbq.That MF turned a great party into a bunch of angry people..thanx a lot Koch.

agreed. there isn't a solution at this point now that he's making 5 million a season and will be around for several more. the solution would've been not trading koch for him in the first place. the entire rational was supposedly that foulke's deal was to expire at the end of the season but at the point that we now have everett, both alomar's, gordon, daubach, white, and colon all in line for free agency after this season i'm not sure that reasoning still holds up. its now or never i'd rather have the guy with the era below 3 and 22 saves.