PDA

View Full Version : Chimp the Liar


cheeses_h_rice
07-04-2003, 02:17 PM
In the pregame intro today, Chimp just said "It's the first-place Cardinals vs. the second-place Cubs!"

Um, then what are the Astros doing above the Flubbies in the standings, Chimp?

:chimp

Tie goes to the Flubbies!

ilsox7
07-04-2003, 02:20 PM
You can e-mail Skip's son at: cubsonwgn@chicagosports.com to remind him of his many errors, including this one.

TornLabrum
07-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
In the pregame intro today, Chimp just said "It's the first-place Cardinals vs. the second-place Cubs!"

Um, then what are the Astros doing above the Flubbies in the standings, Chimp?

:chimp

Tie goes to the Flubbies!

Maybe Chimp thinks that since two teams are tied for first, the third team is in second? Now would somebody please explain what I just said to me?

cheeses_h_rice
07-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Maybe Chimp thinks that since two teams are tied for first, the third team is in second? Now would somebody please explain what I just said to me?

No, I think he's being purposely obtuse.

He also said that if the Cubbies could take this game today, they'd be atop the NL Central again...good logic.

I guess the Astros don't matter.

DrCrawdad
07-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
No, I think he's being purposely obtuse.

He also said that if the Cubbies could take this game today, they'd be atop the NL Central again...good logic.

I guess the Astros don't matter.

Santo summed up Kerry Wood's game against the White Sox by saying that, "no one hit the ball hard..."

Wonder what Santo has to say about that Cardinals 5 spot in the first two innings on the unhittable Kerry Wood?

dickallen15
07-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Santo summed up Kerry Wood's game against the White Sox by saying that, "no one hit the ball hard..."

Wonder what Santo has to say about that Cardinals 5 spot in the first two innings on the unhittable Kerry Wood?



It looks like the high pitch counts the "Crybaby" lets God (Wood) and Jesus Christ (Prior) get to may be starting to affect one of them.

cheeses_h_rice
07-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Countdown to Kerry Wood storming into the dugout and slamming his mitt onto the bench...12 minutes.

*****.

WhiteSox = Life
07-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Nope. More like 4 minutes.

Only 6 walks for Wood today. Looks like he ran into trouble against a team that could... Uh, hit.

:)

ilsox7
07-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Kerry the Girl will be 8-6 assuming he takes the loss today. His ERA is also 3.36. And people think THAT should start the all-star game? Gimme a break.

WhiteSox = Life
07-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Who should then?

I'm not saying that Wood should start, I just don't know who has the better numbers, or whom you think should start.

ilsox7
07-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Kevin Brown, Nomo, Prior, Woody Williams...pick one.