PDA

View Full Version : If we move Wright to the bullpen....

WillieHarris12
07-04-2003, 01:48 PM
If we move Wright to the bullpen...do we go with a four man rotation? I am not really seeing anymore trades happening for us, if a trade happened I'm not sure it would be for anyone who could really help, so maybe we should look to our farm system. I may be wrong in saying this, but I think we should bring up Honel. He's 20 and so was Garland when he came up. I bet Honel could get us more wins than losses if he was called up. Maybe we could pull a little Franky Rodriguez thing like the Angels did last season. Honel would also provide a little excitement for the die hard fans who have been tracking his minor league progress. I think we should give this town a kid who could get more hype than Mark Prior. It wouldn't hurt Honel if he got a little Major League starts now, would it?

Daver
07-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
If we move Wright to the bullpen...do we go with a four man rotation? I am not really seeing anymore trades happening for us, if a trade happened I'm not sure it would be for anyone who could really help, so maybe we should look to our farm system. I may be wrong in saying this, but I think we should bring up Honel. He's 20 and so was Garland when he came up. I bet Honel could get us more wins than losses if he was called up. Maybe we could pull a little Franky Rodriguez thing like the Angels did last season. Honel would also provide a little excitement for the die hard fans who have been tracking his minor league progress. I think we should give this town a kid who could get more hype than Mark Prior. It wouldn't hurt Honel if he got a little Major League starts now, would it?

You want to call up a pitcher that has never played above High A ball to the Majors?

Jurr
07-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Dude..I think Wright will be okay in this rotation. If history holds true to form, he'll be much better the second half of the year. It seems like his curveball always begins to get over the zone in the second half, and he's wicked at that point. Each start he makes is a microcosm of his seasons.....start slow, become awesome later.

:hawk
"I loooove microcosms"

JRIG
07-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Not to mention that his free agency clock would start ticking. I would imagine Wright will stay in the rotation for the immediate future. As a #5 guy he's not terrible.