PDA

View Full Version : Wright

guillen4life13
07-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Here are some concerns I have about Wright as of now:

In his last start, his windup/delivery looked much different from what I've seen from him in the past (it was different even from his last start against the scrubs). I think his mechanics may have been off against the Twins, causing him to have a not so great start. Any thoughts?

Secondly, I think that Wright needs to make the move to the 'pen sometime soon (whenever we get another starter). He looks like he'd have quality setup/closer material, and it wouldn't take long for him to get the confidence he needs to not blow up in those situations. His whole approach would change, and I think he would pull an Eric Gagne/Rocky Biddle. Thoughts on this?

Joel Perez
07-04-2003, 01:25 PM
I can't remember who printed in where (website, yearbook, etc) that thought Dan Wright has excellent potential in the pen, while he would be mediocre in the rotation.

After seeing some results, why not try him in the pen?

Daver
07-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
I can't remember who printed in where (website, yearbook, etc) that thought Dan Wright has excellent potential in the pen, while he would be mediocre in the rotation.

After seeing some results, why not try him in the pen?

They don't have anyone to replace him in the rotation.

spanishwhite
07-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by daver

Ponson

spanishwhite
07-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Man, I messed that up!

delben91
07-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by daver

There's always Matt Ginter. He's been tearing it up, at least relatively speaking, down in Charlotte.

Can't really see him as a long term solution though, even in the 5th spot.

Daver
07-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by delben91
There's always Matt Ginter. He's been tearing it up, at least relatively speaking, down in Charlotte.

Can't really see him as a long term solution though, even in the 5th spot.

Yeah but he is being used as a reliever,not a starter.

RedPinStripes
07-04-2003, 10:59 PM
This is why the next trade should be for a 5th starter. I prefer just go with the 4 man rotation though . Solves that problem.