PDA

View Full Version : Rogers picks Thomas

doublem23
07-03-2003, 08:49 PM
... for the American League All-Star Team (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/rogers_phil/1576173.html).

RKMeibalane
07-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Frank deserves to be a part of the All Star Game. His numbers compare favorably with those whom he is competing against, and he has been the driving force behind the White Sox resurgence. None of what has happened over the past few weeks would have been possible without him. Anyone who believes otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

Besides, it would be wrong of Major League Baseball to deny the greatest player in White Sox history a chance to play in an All Star Game in front of his fans.

If Sammy Sosa makes the NL All Star team, but Frank is not selected for AL squad, I will not watch another All Star Game until Bud Selig is no longer the MLB commissioner. I haven't watched one since 2000, the last time Frank was screwed out of the Midseason Classic.

doublem23
07-03-2003, 09:22 PM
If Frank makes it, I'll probably try and catch the Opening Ceremonies, but I still don't know if I'll even watch the game... Pretty lame exhibition game, IMO.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
If Frank makes it, I'll probably try and catch the Opening Ceremonies, but I still don't know if I'll even watch the game... Pretty lame exhibition game, IMO.

I just don't want to listen to Tim McCarver for three hours. They should let Hawk and DJ do the game.