PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on the deal

jcw218
07-03-2003, 06:09 PM
We're all thinking trade with the deal that Hawk mentioned yesterday. My personal gut feeling is that we are trying to sign Chuck Finley. That would certainly suprise me.

The only drawback to this is the fact that I have not heard anything about Finley pitching anywhere to keep in shape. How ready is he to step in and pitch?

What are your thoughts/feelings?

longshot7
07-03-2003, 06:14 PM
could be okay, but Finley's a .500 pitcher now at best.

but he is a Yankee-killer so who knows?

siugrad25
07-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Then I think I've wasted the last 24 hours trying to figure out who in the world the Sox might be going after... Nothing against Finley, but when I hear "knock your socks off," I don't think Finley. He would be a nice addition, but not what the "rumor" suggested. Either way, I am happy that we're all talking about additions and not subtractions...

:bandance:

B. Diddy
07-03-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't think that Finley is the answer, especially if he hasn't been pitching at all this year. I'd rather have Weaver.

kevingrt
07-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Sorry but Finley doesn't blow my mind and I don't think it would blow Hawk's either.

dickallen15
07-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Finley is allegedly retiring. He is no better than what we have, and probably much worse.

Randar68
07-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Sorry but Finley doesn't blow my mind and I don't think it would blow Hawk's either.

Exactly...

All-Star, somewhere...

Percival makes the most sense, I am telling you.

WinningUgly!
07-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Exactly...

All-Star, somewhere...

Percival makes the most sense, I am telling you.

Percival would be sweet, but I don't see the Angels dealing him away. They are very much in the wildcard hunt, at 6 games back & are starting to play pretty good baseball lately, winning 7 out of their last 10. I don't see them "white flagging it". Not after what they did in the 2nd half last year.

doublem23
07-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Can we please stop speculating... Remember earlier we were told that Kenny Williams would be out as the Sox GM? What happens, happens.