PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Magic on the South Side

MarkV
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
There's a feeling in the air that I've only felt a few times in my 22+ years on this planet- baseball magic. I had the feeling in 2000, '94 before the strike, '93 (I'm too young to remember '83). Could this be the year that the baseball gods smile down upon the White Sox? Last night's game reminded me of 5/12/00 when Jeff Abbott beat the Twinkies in what became the defining moment of what that team was. If last night was this year's defining moment, it's going to be one hell of a ride this year. Frank is becoming the Frank of old. What's even better, though, is that Frank is coming through when we need him most, something he rarely did even in his heyday of the '90's. Let's hope that Paulie's HR is what gets him going, cause we're gonna need him. There's something special going on here. Let's just hope that this baseball magic supercedes Jerry's tinkering and Billy "The Heart Attack Kid" Koch's pitching. :D: :D: :D: :D:

A.T. Money
07-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm with ya on that!

:bandance:

MarqSox
07-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by MarkV
Could this be the year that the baseball gods smile down upon the White Sox? Last night's game reminded me of 5/12/00 when Jeff Abbott beat the Twinkies in what became the defining moment of what that team was. If last night was this year's defining moment, it's going to be one hell of a ride this year.

I thought the exact same thing. That Abbott homer sent the Sox on some ridiculous streak ... I don't remember what exactly their record was after that, but it was the spark that propelled the Sox from a good team to being the best in baseball that summer. The guys are a little older now, maybe they can make it last past August this time! :)

A.T. Money
07-03-2003, 12:26 PM
That Abbott homer happened in May, and I believe we ran out of gas in September. Now this happens two months later, which means it's the perfect time to get hot!

Break it down lil' man----> :bandance:

JRIG
07-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I can't watch last night's highlights enough, especially because I had to listen to the game last night. I was helping a friend move into his new place in Lakeview (blocks from Wrigley...ugh). Turned Rooney and Farmer up real loud and jumped up and down at both Konerko and Thomas' home runs. This feels really good.