PDA

View Full Version : The Banana Dance Era

1951Campbell
07-03-2003, 10:07 AM
I still giggle everytime I see that thing.

Our next goal should be to get the Banana a mention in some non-WSI media. That would be hilarious.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Key is to make some cool Banana signs. I just mentioned
that i was going to make a Giant Banana to take to the game
July 17. I should make a couple of them, and leave them
at Jimbos for games I dont go to....someone else should take
it. Jimbos will be our forward storage facility.......

Jurr
07-03-2003, 11:57 AM
If that thing gets onto sportscenter and is embraced by the Sox, WSI will be legendary,

Iguana775
07-03-2003, 12:40 PM
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

jortafan
07-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Been noticing the dancing banana on the website in recent days. Who came up with it?

I'm curious because I'm wondering if anyone would be in a position to legally claim the banana is their idea, and that the Sox would have to pay them in order for it to be used.

Can we legally use it on our own, without anyone claiming we're ripping off their idea?

Do any of the great legal minds who read this site have any answers? Just curious.

FarWestChicago
07-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Been noticing the dancing banana on the website in recent days. Who came up with it?It was already on my company's board. Daver asked me to import it to this one. It's a common smilie. Been around for ages. And I just snagged his big brother from one of Michelle's boards:

:supernana:

kevingrt
07-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It was already on my company's board. Daver asked me to import it to this one. It's a common smilie. Been around for ages. And I just snagged his big brother from one of Michelle's boards:

Nice job!

MarqSox
07-03-2003, 03:42 PM
We need to take this thing mainstream ... any chance somebody knows somebody with access to the Sox jumbotron? If we could get the Dancin' Banana on the big board, that would kick ass.

pudge
07-03-2003, 04:32 PM
If you guys do your part and start getting the dancing banana to show up at the Cell, I'll dress in my Sox garb and bring a big ol' image of the dancing banana to the Seattle games in early August.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pudge
If you guys do your part and start getting the dancing banana to show up at the Cell, I'll dress in my Sox garb and bring a big ol' image of the dancing banana to the Seattle games in early August.

Right on Pudge. The Dancing Banana needs to start making
some road appearances definitely. Hopefully we see him
in Tampa first. I'll volunteer to take the Banana to CLEVELAND
with me next week. Can you see a Few Dancing Bananas
in Seattle next month ?? Pudge, how are you going to
get the image super-imposed on a banner? Email me, in case some cub trolls are here looking for ideas....

Jurr
07-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Kinkos is the only idea I can think of next to drawing it out. It's a simple design, and wouldn't be hard. You all need to start with signs just saying.." Beware the Rally Banana".....then get into signs with the Banana getting down. It would be a stellar WSI advertisement.

Viva Magglio
07-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Maybe someone ought to see if banana costumes could be obtained. I am NOT inclined to wear a banana costume to The Cell, but if other fans start doing it, the "Dancing Banana" will catch on.

Saracen
07-03-2003, 09:27 PM
You guys in Chicago need to get this thing rolling at every game. I'll do my part in Texas next month.

Daver
07-03-2003, 09:34 PM
It was already on my company's board. Daver asked me to import it to this one.

I think I created a monster,it seems like that damn banana is more popular than the team. :redneck

:bandance:

Spiff
07-03-2003, 09:40 PM
I am just curious, does everyone know that the banana thing has been on the internet for like a year? Is it just that the animation is now on WSI that everyone is excited about it or is it the first time everyone's seen it?

Note that this isn't in teal. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely confused by this whole thing.

Daver
07-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
I am just curious, does everyone know that the banana thing has been on the internet for like a year? Is it just that the animation is now on WSI that everyone is excited about it or is it the first time everyone's seen it?

Note that this isn't in teal. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely confused by this whole thing.

Perhaps you should read the 6th post in this thread.

Spiff
07-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by daver
Perhaps you should read the 6th post in this thread.

I understand that it has been around for a while. I actually said that in my own post. My confusion lies in the fact that everyone is so excited about it, treating it like it's unique to WSI.

konerkopeachy
07-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Look what I found! Bwah hah hah!

Viva Magglio
07-03-2003, 09:53 PM
A lot of Anaheim Angels fans bring those toy monkeys to games at the Big Ed. Perhaps someone should go to Toys R Us and see if they have banana toys for fans to use at The Cell.

Daver
07-03-2003, 09:55 PM
I understand that it has been around for a while. I actually said that in my own post. My confusion lies in the fact that everyone is so excited about it, treating it like it's unique to WSI.

No one is,they have just adopted it as the mascot,and trying to build on that theme,if the banana becomes a popular association with the Sox in the mainstream,it would be because this site popularized it,nothing more and nothing less.

I can't help your confusion,seek a doctors help for that. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
A lot of Anaheim Angels fans bring those toy monkeys to games at the Big Ed. Perhaps someone should go to Toys R Us and see if they have banana toys for fans to use at The Cell.

Viva, I know for fact that those toy monkeys have been on the market at least 3 years-- long before Halos fans adopted them as their own. Maybe we should send somebody to their message board and point this fact out to them?

Do you know anybody who would be perfect for that job?

Spiff
07-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Viva, I know for fact that those toy monkeys have been on the market at least 3 years-- long before Halos fans adopted them as their own. Maybe we should send somebody to their message board and point this fact out to them?

Do you know anybody who would be perfect for that job?

i ask an honest question and you come after me again, oh well. i can take solace in the fact that i am not the one following someone from thread to thread trying to get a rise out of them. your character is front and center, george, smile for the adoring fans. :gulp:

Spiff
07-03-2003, 10:15 PM
No one is,they have just adopted it as the mascot,and trying to build on that theme,if the banana becomes a popular association with the Sox in the mainstream,it would be because this site popularized it,nothing more and nothing less.

I can't help your confusion,seek a doctors help for that. :redneck

I see, it is more of an expansion thing than an origination type deal. I will say I'll be surprised if it ever ends up on Sportscenter, but if it does I'll be able to say I knew it before it went all hollywood on us.

doublem23
07-03-2003, 10:18 PM
i ask an honest question and you come after me again, oh well. i can take solace in the fact that i am not the one following someone from thread to thread trying to get a rise out of them. your character is front and center, george, smile for the adoring fans. :gulp:

Ahem (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=203642#post203642)

hey look, the boy who has faked intoxication on a message board is calling someone else a ****ing moron. i find this ironic.

also he is generalizing a whole fan base from one experience with a few people. that's just awesome.

Now that's irony.

Spiff
07-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Ahem (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=203642#post203642)

Now that's irony.

haha are you trying to say i follow you around?

doublem23
07-03-2003, 10:26 PM
haha are you trying to say i follow you around?

No, but you apparently like getting a rise out of me...

But I will drop it... The fireworks show by my house is starting... Good times.

Spiff
07-03-2003, 10:28 PM

fine by me.

FarWestChicago
07-03-2003, 10:39 PM
OK folks, Spiff has spoken. We should not be having fun with:

Or, we can just ignore Spiff. :D:

A.T. Money
07-03-2003, 10:47 PM

The one at Ridgemoor Country Club?

Scotty347
07-03-2003, 10:48 PM
This is not good to see the banana becoming a source of controversy.

The fact remains, the White Sox are 3-0 since the arrival of the rally banana.

There is no disputing this.

Spiff
07-03-2003, 10:48 PM
OK folks, Spiff has spoken. We should not be having fun with:

Or, we can just ignore Spiff. :D:

I never said you shouldn't have fun with them, I said I was confused about the whole thing. If that qualifies as raining on your parade then I don't know what to tell you.

FarWestChicago
07-03-2003, 10:52 PM
I never said you shouldn't have fun with them, I said I was confused about the whole thing. If that qualifies as raining on your parade then I don't know what to tell you. Actually, I believe one can only rain on one's own parade. It has to do with free will and all of that. I can tell you one thing, don't attempt to apply a great deal of rational thought to understanding the mystery of :bandance:

Spiff
07-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Actually, I believe one can only rain on one's own parade. It has to do with free will and all of that. I can tell you one thing, don't attempt to apply a great deal of rational thought to understanding the mystery of :bandance:

as is the case with most things involving the internet.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2003, 11:10 PM
I think I created a monster,it seems like that damn banana is more popular than the team. :redneck

We're 3-0 with the banana. Next question.

:cool:

doublem23
07-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
The one at Ridgemoor Country Club?

Yep, you can see 'em nice 'n' pretty from my back porch.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/MONSTER/firewk1.gif

Jurr
07-04-2003, 11:14 AM
:hawk

"I looove Banana flavored snow cones.."

There is no end to the humor I get out of putting quotes at the bottom of Hawk's picture.

voodoochile
07-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Jurr

"I looove Banana flavored snow cones.."

There is no end to the humor I get out of putting quotes at the bottom of Hawk's picture.

"That's why I'm here, Jurr, that's why I'm here..."

:)

Procol Harum
07-04-2003, 04:24 PM

Mere mortals, know your place! None may question the Banana!

duke of dorwood
07-04-2003, 04:31 PM

You sure did. And remember who first suggested it was this years rally monkey

ozzman
07-05-2003, 12:10 PM
For all of us metalheads out there...

http://www.cyberpixels-2.com/~icedeart/html/emoticons/nana.gif