PDA

View Full Version : Which dramatic win was better?

Kilroy
07-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Even tho I was at Friday's thriller over the hated Cubs, I gotta say that last night's game was an even more fantastic win for the Sox. I ran it by the wife about going, but she said that she wasn't up for it. Then when Konerko went deep, she said "why didn't we go?"

Brian26
07-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Tough call.

I was fortunate to go to both games. Last night was epic. It's one of those games you're going to remember for years to come. It's like the Ventura-grandslam-game from July 31, '91 against Gossage and Texas. An instant classic. No matter what we do this year and how far we go, this is the game you're going to remember as being the pivotal launching point. The crowd was absolutely electric. What made the win so great was the rollercoaster ride in getting there. After having the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th and not getting it done, only to have the Twins come back and score a run in extra innings, a loss would have been heartbreaking. Konerko's homer was storybook. Frank's homer was legendary.

With the said, the game on Friday was outstanding too. The house was packed, and as I posted before, the feeling after the game was like we just won the 7th game of the World Series.

I'd say last night's game, in the big picture, is the more epic victory. Jose's dinger to win it on Friday afternoon is a very close second. Both memorable games though.

As someone else has said in a previous game, you know how big a win is by the noise level on the ramp on the way down.

kevingrt
07-03-2003, 09:37 AM
First of all it was in 12 innings instead of the 9th. 2nd It was for a huge sweep of the Twinkies. 3rd we never held up or stopped coming back this team is really showing me some signs! AND I LUV IT!

ssang
07-03-2003, 10:06 AM
I attended both these games and had UNREAL seats for both (I actually could be seen on Sportscenter on one angle of Jose's HR). This is a real tough call but there was something about yesterday's HR that I say gives it the nod as the better of the two. The atmosphere of the Cell was fantastic. The game was very draining and we were going for the sweep. Plus, this was Alomar and Everett's first game with us. It was just an all out exciting game.

Thunderstruck30
07-04-2003, 12:01 AM
The one against the Twins was better because it gave us a sweep over the team ahead of us in the standings. I mean I love beating the Cubs, but they're not in our division.

siugrad25
07-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Even though I was pretty giddy after Valentin's home run against the Cubs, I think I was more satisfied with how Thomas lifted the Sox and put the Twinkies where they belong. I mean the Twins have owned us the past couple seasons and to sweep them in that fashion was something magical.

doublem23
07-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Hurt's winner over the Twins.