PDA

View Full Version : One cause for concern...

Kilroy
07-03-2003, 05:36 AM
While I have been enjoying the way our guys have been playing the last 3 weeks, the last 6-7 games, lots of balls have been finding the seats, while not too many rallies have taken place pushing 2 or 3 across here or there with some basehits, steals, etc.

I just worry that we'll get a little homer-happy, and get away from situational hitting because we've had lots of longball success the last week or so.

fquaye149
07-03-2003, 06:00 AM
i agree with that...but there is something to be said about baseball evening itself out.

look at the early days of this season, where we were getting screwed out of things...baseball bounces and what not. there were a few games that we ccould just as easily won as lost...it all evens out....

ncfan
07-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
While I have been enjoying the way our guys have been playing the last 3 weeks, the last 6-7 games, lots of balls have been finding the seats, while not too many rallies have taken place pushing 2 or 3 across here or there with some basehits, steals, etc.

I just worry that we'll get a little homer-happy, and get away from situational hitting because we've had lots of longball success the last week or so.

Check the box score for our games. Most of the time the
L O B`s are 6 or more in losing games. They are under 6
when winning. We need situational hitting, most good teams
do. I hope that Alomar and Everet can do this for us. Harris,
and Rowand were starting to click by getting on base by beating
out infield grounders, and using speed. This was allowing some
timely hitting by the others.

Jurr
07-04-2003, 10:52 AM
I was saying the same thing the other day!!! It seems like we're doing nothing but homer work lately! While that is good, we need some rallies. However, I think that's going to even itself out with the addition of Alomar. He's a small ball guy, and we'll be okay with that. But, when you're crushing the ball, you let it ride for a little while. That usually ends with a two game hitting slump or so, then they change approaches. It'll be fine.

Tragg
07-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

That will always be a problem because we don't have high OBPs on this team (Frank excepted) and JM and KW don't seem to care much about that stat, as per the aquisitions they've made throughout their tenure.