PDA

View Full Version : jesse jackson

grebeck18
07-03-2003, 01:32 AM
I was at the game tonight and it was fantastic. But, did anyone see Jesse Jackson on the scoreboard? What are your thoughts?

valposoxfan
07-03-2003, 01:34 AM
I was there tonight too. He got booed. It was great. He deserves it. He got the proper reception. What a great game. Go Sox!!!

grebeck18
07-03-2003, 01:43 AM
thats what i heard

B. Diddy
07-03-2003, 03:51 AM
I'm sorry I wasn't there to boo him.

TornLabrum
07-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I was there tonight too. He got booed. It was great. He deserves it. He got the proper reception. What a great game. Go Sox!!!

I never boo a Sox fan, and Jesse is one.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 08:11 AM
I never BOO a sox fan either. Im Glad Jesse was there,
wouldve loved to say Hello to him and ask his thoughts about
the trade....

dickallen15
07-03-2003, 08:25 AM
How did he get those seats? First row right behind the visiting on deck circle.

MarqSox
07-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15

He's been a season ticket holder for a long time, IIRC. Either that, or maybe they're Daley's seats.

ssang
07-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah I saw him there. I was four rows directly behind him.

maurice
07-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah. I've hated him ever since he got those three U.S. troops released from Slobodan Milosevic.

:bandance:
"My victory dance will purge all negative thoughts from your mind."

thecell
07-03-2003, 11:18 AM
By Jesse Jackson showing up at the game proves that this town is excited about White Sox baseball. Jesse was a disenfranchised fan brought back by the renewed optimism.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 11:26 AM
:bandance:
:chicago

"Im dancing because all the buildings Downtown are
going to look like This come SEPTEMBER" -Rally Banana

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by thecell
By Jesse Jackson showing up at the game proves that this town is excited about White Sox baseball. Jesse was a disenfranchised fan brought back by the renewed optimism.

:washington
Say, I wouldve been there too. Im a bigger fan than
Jessie is

Nellie_Fox
07-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by thecell
By Jesse Jackson showing up at the game proves that this town is excited about White Sox baseball. Jesse was a disenfranchised fan brought back by the renewed optimism. Is that another way of saying "front runner?"

B. Diddy
07-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15

He probably screamed "racism!" and threatened a Rainbow Coalition-led boycott. That's how he tends to get most things.

If Mike Tyson were a Sox fan, I'd boo him too. Jesse isn't far back from him on the eithics scale.

1951Campbell
07-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
:washington
Say, I wouldve been there too. Im a bigger fan than
Jessie is

But are bigger fans than Daley? That would be difficult, from what I hear.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Daleys are the #1 fans, then me, then Jessie, then the late Harold....
then :bandance: .........

jortafan
07-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Oh, knock it off.

You're sounding like a whiny-butted Cubs fan who's convinced the Sox play in da ghetto.

Besides, from the little I've heard Jesse (and Cong. Jr.) talk about baseball, they're supportive of the Sox and the South Side. They probably don't deserve to be called front-runners. Now when that geeky governor, Rod Blagojevich, shows up at the Cell, we'll know that the political front-runners are turning out in force. I'm still annoyed at him showing up for a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley while wearing a Cubs jersey with his name on the back, but not being seen anywhere near the South Side the following weekend.

duke of dorwood
07-03-2003, 01:20 PM
He's a front running, camera hound and extortionist. What ethics does he have that doesnt put $ in his pocket. And has nothing to do with the Sox.

Brian26
07-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Now when that geeky governor, Rod Blagojevich, shows up at the Cell, we'll know that the political front-runners are turning out in force. I'm still annoyed at him showing up for a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley while wearing a Cubs jersey with his name on the back, but not being seen anywhere near the South Side the following weekend.

Do your homework.

Blago was at the Cell on opening day. He threw out the first pitch and then proceeded to do an inning with Roon and Farmio in the booth. He made sure to point out that he was "a fan of both teams", even though he mentioned he's got a house 3 blocks from Wrigley.

F him.