PDA

View Full Version : A great few weeks

faneidde
07-03-2003, 02:04 AM
Well, where to start. I guess the beginning. I was born in the western suburbs to two huge Cub fans, but as a kid I quickly developed a hatred for the Cubs and a love for the Sox, mostly to just to spite my dad I'm sure. (I'm a Detroit Lions fan for the same reason). When I was 10 and the Sox were coincidentally winning their division, my folks and I moved from Chitown to southern Indiana. Since then I've seen 1 Sox game in person and it was against the Devil Rays a few years ago, no biggie. Anyway, all my friends around here are Cub "fans." They know nothing baseball or the Cubs really, just that they like em. So, the good news begins with Sammy Sosa corking incident. I finally had something to say to them other than wait until July. Then, the Sox take 4 of 6 in the Windy City Series, with Valentin's HR and Rowand's shot my two favorite moments. Then, I visit some family in Chicago and plan to see the Sox on Tuesday night on the way home. I was only in town for 2 days and didn't have time to watch any TV, so I found out about the Alomar trade at the park, happy days. Then, Buerhle continues to dominate and I see a Sox win in front of a huge crowd. On my way home, I find out the Sox got Carl Everett, wow, what a line-up. Then, today, I turn on the TV just in time to see the Sox and Twins go to extras. Since I can't get the game down here, I just watch Baseball Tonight and pray for updates. Twins score and it seems that reality has set back in, but Paul Konerko, who must have been trying to hustle the league all year waiting for a moment to shine, goes yard. Then Frank goes yard again and the celebration is on. Its 1 AM and I'm still so excited I can't sleep. My girlfriend broke up with me a week ago, but I don't care anymore. She hated the Sox anyway and must have been just gumming up the works. The Sox just have that feeling of a team of destiny. Now they have 9 cupcakes until the All-Star game. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

VeeckAsInWreck
07-03-2003, 02:19 AM
Wow! that's a helluva journal entry. I feel like I just read someone's diary. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

It was like a Wonder Years episode, only Kevin Arnold is a Sox fan!

MikeKreevich
07-03-2003, 06:47 AM
This week has been sweet for a sox fan.
"Girlfriends are like buses. There will be another coming by in about 15 minutes."