PDA

View Full Version : Thank You directv, espn, mlb

pudge
07-03-2003, 01:24 AM
In years past, Wednesday night games were blacked out due to the national game on ESPN, but for some reason, Wednesday games have been available on DirecTV this season. I have no idea why, whether I should thank DirecTV, ESPN, or MLB, but I was able to watch one of the best Sox games in history last night, one of the best games I will likely ever see, and I want to thank somebody! (besides the rally banana)

I mean, can anyone think of a more impactful game?

a) first game with two new aquistions (alomer and everett)

b) previous night was the walk-up crowd record, fans starting to get back into it

c) opportunity to sweep the defending division champs

d) opportunity to get back to .500

e) game goes extra inning, and nobody leaves the park because the game started early (6:00pm)

f) both teams get huge double-plays in extra innings

g) slumping all-star from last year hits pinch-hit homer with two outs to force 12th inning

h) one of the greatest players in franchise history has a classic 10+ pitch at-bat and cranks the winning homer.

And I taped the game too! This one is going in a safe place.

mrwag
07-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by pudge

h) one of the greatest players in franchise history has a classic 10+ pitch at-bat and cranks the winning homer.

Let me add that he IS the greatest player in franchise history. Let's enjoy Frank on the South Side and allow him to play the rest of his career here and retire in a Sox uniform.

Scotty347
07-03-2003, 10:01 AM
As long as the game is not blacked out in your area, the satellite dishes (I have DISH Network) show both the main ESPN game and the alternate. Same with ESPN2.

Thats why we had the 6:05 start last night.

Procol Harum
07-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Scotty347
As long as the game is not blacked out in your area, the satellite dishes (I have DISH Network) show both the main ESPN game and the alternate. Same with ESPN2.

I reckon then that we were the alternate game? I have DirecTV and watched the Fox feed--didn't see the Sox in flashing through on ESPN or ESPN2. Although a classic game like that was good to watch through our own announcers, it would've been interesting to see what the "national" feed was saying about the Sox' recent upsurge and the trades.

pudge
07-03-2003, 12:57 PM

I'm not sure if we were the alternate game last night, but DirecTV now shows ALL MLB games on Wednesday night, which is different from last year. Trust me on this one.

rmusacch
07-03-2003, 01:07 PM

You are right about the first part Scott but this game was not the main game or the alternate. I had it come through on Fox Sports Net. I have had the extra innings package for three years now and the first two years and the first part of this season, the Wednesday game nights were not shown unless they were the main game or alternate game on ESPN. For about the last month or so, they have been showing all the games, which is the way it should be as we are paying for the package. I just wish they would give you the option if both teams are showing it on the cable outlet, to be able to watch it on either one. Right now, they give you one of the feeds, usually the home team's. Also, those games on WCIU are not shown. I also wish that we could see the Blue Jays cable games but alas, they do not show them.