PDA

View Full Version : Double Header Next Week

ilsox7
07-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Hey!

Anyone here live in Cleveland or making the trip for the double header next Saturday?

MarkEdward
07-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by ilsox7
Hey!

Anyone here live in Cleveland or making the trip for the double header next Saturday?

My college orientation will be happening next Thursday and Friday, so I'll be sticking around for Friday's game. I'll be wearing a Sox away jersey with "Crede" on the back.

Two dancing bananas for whomever guesses the college that I'll be attending. Hint: it's in Cleveland (well, more or less)... :smile:

DonkeyKongerko
07-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Case Western?

ilsox7
07-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Yea Case Western is the obvious choice. I'll let you know if I am headed ou there...I move to Cleveland Thursday.

MarkEdward
07-03-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Case Western?

Originally posted by ilsox7
Yea Case Western is the obvious choice. I'll let you know if I am headed ou there...I move to Cleveland Thursday.

Try again ya'll...

MarkEdward
07-03-2003, 11:07 AM
More hints: it's private, small, and run by Jesuits.

Remember, we have two dancing bananas on the line here, people...

Dadawg_77
07-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
More hints: it's private, small, and run by Jesuits.

Remember, we have two dancing bananas on the line here, people...

Okay Mr Nady. So are you and the Marquette crew going to slug it out for the best Jesuit school?

CHISOXFAN13
07-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Let me throw John Carroll into the mix???

I am also thinking of heading to the Jake although my last experience there was awful. It was the finale of a Sept. series in 2000 and got rained out. What a waste!

delben91
07-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Due to the double header, is that going to mean we need somebody to spot start? Glover? Or will off days allow us to keep the rotation going?

ilsox7
07-03-2003, 12:40 PM
I am also thinking of heading to the Jake although my last experience there was awful. It was the finale of a Sept. series in 2000 and got rained out. What a waste!

Lemme know if you plan on going. I move Thursday and am planning on walking up Saturday to see both games.

FarmerAndy
07-03-2003, 12:44 PM
I have tickets for the night game, but if they're playing two, I guess I'll show up early.

Hangar18
07-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I have tickets for the night game, but if they're playing two, I guess I'll show up early.

Hey Farmer....my cousins want to drive over for that....
Ive got a Tribe friend im meeting up with for that.....Think we
should plan something.......Messg Me

A.T. Money
07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Okay Mr Nady. So are you and the Marquette crew going to slug it out for the best Jesuit school?

Marquette is Vincencian, like DePaul.

Loyola is Jesuit, and so is Georgetown.

thecell
07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

I was there too...it sucked...didn't even rain that hard.

rmusacch
07-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

It is a split doubleheader. The first game is at 1:05 and the second game is at 7:05. That might be central, so it is probably 12 and 6.

ilsox7
07-03-2003, 01:16 PM
I am pretty sure it is 1:05 and 7:05 east coats time, since the games arei n Cleveland. At least that's what espn.com has listed.

MarkEdward
07-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

You know what? I was so very, very close to going to Marquette. I even got roommates and everything. In the end, though, I wanted to go to a smaller school.

Plus, suburban Cleveland is much nicer than urban Milwaukee. And Marquette doesn't have a baseball team.

And JCU is much better than Marquette. Trust me. :smile:

By the way, what's up with the Mr. Nady reference?

Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :bandance: :bandance:

Originally posted by SoxDemon

Marquette is Vincencian, like DePaul.

Um, I'm almost 100% certain that Marquette is also Jesuit.