PDA

View Full Version : Top Prospects

maff
07-02-2003, 04:55 PM
With the trades and the prospects Kenny seems to have no problem trading, who do you guys think will be the best prospect left unprotected to the Rangers? I'm going with Borchard, Rangers might even pass up on him because of his salary anyways.

Daver
07-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by maff
With the trades and the prospects Kenny seems to have no problem trading, who do you guys think will be the best prospect left unprotected to the Rangers? I'm going with Borchard, Rangers might even pass up on him because of his salary anyways.

The rangers need pitching,not a struggling switch hitting outfielder.

Unregistered
07-02-2003, 04:59 PM
I guess I could see Rauch left ''unprotected'', but I doubt that he would be thrown into the "pool of 8 mid-level prospects" that is being reported anyway...

maff
07-02-2003, 05:00 PM
that's what I mean, he probably won't be taken even if he's not one of the three untouchables, Cotts, Honel, and Reed should be the untouchables. A guy I hope passes under the Rangers' radar is Rudy Yan, the kid can flat out fly.

Daver
07-02-2003, 05:03 PM
that's what I mean, he probably won't be taken even if he's not one of the three untouchables, Cotts, Honel, and Reed should be the untouchables. A guy I hope passes under the Rangers' radar is Rudy Yan, the kid can flat out fly.

Yan can flat out not field a lick either,that guy is a project.

I would not be adverse to Cotts being gone,his control problems are not reflected by his numbers,but he has also been injured two years in a row.

maff
07-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Cotts still seems to be a good prospect though, BTW, how's Diaz doing, haven't heard much about him this year.

hold2dibber
07-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yan can flat out not field a lick either,that guy is a project.

I would not be adverse to Cotts being gone,his control problems are not reflected by his numbers,but he has also been injured two years in a row.

Although I'm certainly not yet convinced that Cotts is the real deal, I would not want to see him go at this time. First of all, based upon what the Rangers were willing to trade Juan Gon for, I wouldn't think the Sox would have to give up a prospect of Cotts' caliber (even with the control issues) in the Everett deal.

spanishwhite
07-02-2003, 05:27 PM

The sox gave them a pool of 8 to choose from.

They can't pick and grab any prospect they see in the sox
farm.

spanishwhite
07-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Although I'm certainly not yet convinced that Cotts is the real deal, I would not want to see him go at this time. First of all, based upon what the Rangers were willing to trade Juan Gon for, I wouldn't think the Sox would have to give up a prospect of Cotts' caliber (even with the control issues) in the Everett deal.

Thank you!

I thought I was going crazy thinking I was the only one to see this.

maff
07-02-2003, 05:36 PM
I know, I wasn't really specific but that's what I meant.

Daver
07-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Cotts still seems to be a good prospect though, BTW, how's Diaz doing, haven't heard much about him this year.

Felix Diaz is 3-5 in 9 starts with a 3.71 ERA.

joecrede
07-02-2003, 05:54 PM
My guess is the pitchers are Cotts and Ginter. If not Cotts, Malone, Ginter, <position player>

spanishwhite
07-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
My guess is the pitchers are Cotts and Ginter. If not Cotts, Malone, Ginter, <position player>

If it was it would be done by now. The Rangers would have jumped REAL quick at that.

That is a hell of alot to pay for Everett.

I wouldn't pay that for Gonzalez.