PDA

View Full Version : Sox on ESPN Classic again


MetalliSox
07-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Tomorrow (July 3) at 4pm:
White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles (4/23/1997)

Forgive me for not knowing why this game is a "classic".

longshot7
07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Was that the game Baldwin shut the O's out?

if not, maybe it has something to do with Baltimore, a milestone for ripken or something.

Eddie Gaedel
07-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Navarro vs Coppinger, SOX won 11-9. That's all I know.

1951Campbell
07-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
Navarro vs Coppinger, SOX won 11-9. That's all I know.

Must have been hard for Jaime to pitch with so little run support .

ScottySoxFan
07-02-2003, 05:46 PM
4/23 Box Score from USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores97/97113/97113305.htm)

"Lyle Mouton delivered a sacrifice fly and Dave Martinez added an
RBI single in the top of the 10th inning as the Chicago White
Sox blew a seven-run lead but recovered for an 11-9 victory over
the Baltimore Orioles."

FJA
07-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ScottySoxFan
4/23 Box Score from USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores97/97113/97113305.htm)

"Lyle Mouton delivered a sacrifice fly and Dave Martinez added an
RBI single in the top of the 10th inning as the Chicago White
Sox blew a seven-run lead but recovered for an 11-9 victory over
the Baltimore Orioles."

It must be Lyle Mouton week.

fquaye149
07-02-2003, 10:52 PM
this game today belongs on espn classic

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
this game today belongs on espn classic

Instant classic, but they never do that with mid-season games...

Procol Harum
07-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by FJA
It must be Lyle Mouton week.

Nope, Jaime Navarro week...

FJA
07-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Nope, Jaime Navarro week...

Just in time for the Home Run Derby!

doublem23
07-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Instant classic, but they never do that with mid-season games...

They did it a couple year's ago when the Jndjans had that ridiculous comeback against Seattle.

mike squires
07-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Just once I wish I could turn over there and see that 83' with Burns against the O's despite the outcome.

longshot7
07-03-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by ScottySoxFan
4/23 Box Score from USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores97/97113/97113305.htm)

as the Chicago White
Sox blew a seven-run lead but recovered for an 11-9 victory over
the Baltimore Orioles."

yep, that sounds like Jamie... he could always find a way to blow huge leads - I saw him blow a 10-run lead at Comiskey.

koch44
07-03-2003, 06:53 AM
If anyone wants to record last night's game, it will be on FSN at noon.