PDA

View Full Version : Sox Sign 10th rounder...


Randar68
07-02-2003, 01:47 PM
LHP Fraser Dizard signed and was assigned to Great Falls. The Sox have now signed all of their top 10 picks except for 2nd rounder Ryan Sweeney, who is expected to sign...

Chisoxfn
07-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Sweet.

hold2dibber
07-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
LHP Fraser Dizard signed and was assigned to Great Falls. The Sox have now signed all of their top 10 picks except for 2nd rounder Ryan Sweeney, who is expected to sign...

Did they sign that Moviel (sp?) kid who everyone thought was going to be so hard to sign?

Randar68
07-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Did they sign that Moviel (sp?) kid who everyone thought was going to be so hard to sign?

They signed his older brother. We shall see. The three teen-picks they will have a hard time signing are Greg Moviel LHP, Donald Veal LHP (99.9% won't sign going to Arizona) and Wes Hodges (going to be a stud at Ga. Tech if they don't sign him)

Chisoxfn
07-02-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
They signed his older brother. We shall see. The three teen-picks they will have a hard time signing are Greg Moviel LHP, Donald Veal LHP (99.9% won't sign going to Arizona) and Wes Hodges (going to be a stud at Ga. Tech if they don't sign him)

Hodges is freaking awesome. Kid breaks a bone and just starts hitting lefty and still cremes the ball.

Randar68
07-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Hodges is freaking awesome. Kid breaks a bone and just starts hitting lefty and still cremes the ball.

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe he didn't go in the first 5 rounds. If the Sox sign even one of those 3, I will be psyched (if they can trade them or get out of their salaries, Rios + Jimenez frees up a bit of money...)