PDA

View Full Version : Josh Paul, A Cubbie...

DrCrawdad
07-02-2003, 12:29 PM
The SCORE reports that Josh Paul has signed a minor league deal with the Cubbies.

06-27-2003: I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs were to sign Josh.
Thread Where I Predicted It. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=21185&s=&perpage=15&pagenumber=1&display=show)

MetalliSox
07-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Good for him. He should be on the major league squad right now backing up Miller instead of Bako.
Good luck to Josh, even if it is with the Cubs.

DrCrawdad
07-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Good for him. He should be on the major league squad right now backing up Miller instead of Bako.
Good luck to Josh, even if it is with the Cubs.

I wonder if Schu had something to do with signing Paul?

Hangar18
07-02-2003, 12:36 PM
This makes me laugh and it makes me sick.
We couldve gotten something for him instead of Outright releasing him. I made a joke about how the Cubs are always
taking other Teams Handouts, Esp If it came from the White Sox
Trash Bin. Im so glad im not a cubfan, that team isnt too
proud to take a ham sandwich out of the trash.

JRIG
07-02-2003, 12:39 PM
This is the perfect team for Josh Paul. He's the next Augie Ojeda. Cubs fans love cheering for players who don't belong on a major league roster. Add in the fact he's from Buffalo Grove...it's almost too good to be true.

moochpuppy
07-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Josh Paul sounded more like a loveable loser name anyway. :D:

LuvSox
07-02-2003, 01:59 PM
It's a marriage made in Cubbie hell.

NewyorkSoxFan
07-02-2003, 03:20 PM
WoW, desperate times call for desperate measures. Cubs are certainly desperate. Glad to see he landed on his feet though.

NYSF

NewyorkSoxFan
07-02-2003, 03:25 PM
thanks didn't see the thread sorry about that.

NYSF

Jjav829
07-02-2003, 06:29 PM
This is so like the Cubs to go and try to upstage the Sox. The Sox bring in Alomar and Everett and the next day the Flubs sign Josh Paul just to try to shove it in Sox fans faces.

rmusacch
07-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
This makes me laugh and it makes me sick.
We couldve gotten something for him instead of Outright releasing him. I made a joke about how the Cubs are always
taking other Teams Handouts, Esp If it came from the White Sox
Trash Bin. Im so glad im not a cubfan, that team isnt too
proud to take a ham sandwich out of the trash.

Ummm, every major league team passed on him twice through waivers. We were not going to get anything for him.

Lip Man 1
07-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Good Mr. Versatility can screw up on the bases and allow passed balls for the Cubs. Maybe he'll cost them two or three games and the division title.

Lip

Daver
07-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Good Mr. Versatility can screw up on the bases and allow passed balls for the Cubs. Maybe he'll cost them two or three games and the division title.

Lip

I knew not even you Lip could spin a positive from the northsiders signing Josh.

:)

MHOUSE
07-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Well I'm glad he latched on somewhere. I know he wasn't very good, but I never had anything against Josh. I thought he was a die-hard Sox fan. Now he's with the Flubs? I guess you gotta find work somewhere, huh? It seems like a match made in Wrigley. Paul and Augie Ojeda can have Chip Caray buy them ice cream now.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I love it when the Flubbies go digging through our trash looking for something they can use. After they finish signing Josh, they ought to consult the Sox plumbers about fixing those third world restroom facilities at the Urinal.

Sox Fans, our hands are clean.

:bandance:

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 10:09 PM
:versatile
"It's all part of my master plan to make the Sox the number 1 team in Chicago. I am a deep undercover mole sent by Kenny Williams to infiltrate the flubbies and end their run at the playoffs. Soon I will be on the big league team and shortly thereafter I will call for screw balls from Prior and Wood. When their seasons end, so will the flubbies chances and then the masses will turn to the southside for theif baseball fix. I know you didn't love me on the southside, but I am once again doing whatever it takes for the south to rise again. Just call me Mr. Versatile..."

Vsahajpal
07-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Someone's got to shine big Tony Richie's shoes :)

doublem23
07-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
This is so like the Cubs to go and try to upstage the Sox. The Sox bring in Alomar and Everett and the next day the Flubs sign Josh Paul just to try to shove it in Sox fans faces.

Ha ha... Just like Sirotka.