PDA

View Full Version : IFF the deals work and the Sox win it all...

xil357
07-02-2003, 01:27 PM
... would JM be AL manager of the year?

... would KW be executive of the year?

... would E.Lo win the AL CY?

... who would be the AL MVP?

... what would the roster look like in 2004?

... would JR "cash in his chips" and sell the team? If so, to whom? Would Sox fans still want him to sell?

... or instead of selling, would JR commit to spending the resources necessary to compete every year seeing that Sox fans support a winner (coupled with the countless bandwagoneers?)

Discuss...

pudge
07-02-2003, 01:36 PM
These awards are voted on before the play-offs, so your questions make no sense. And why do you have to start talking about "if we win it all"? Let's actually get above .500 first. I think we need a "This Thread Sucks" image in here. ;)

gosox3072
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
:threadsucks

But hopefully we do win it all!!!

thecell
07-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pudge
These awards are voted on before the play-offs, so your questions make no sense. And why do you have to start talking about "if we win it all"? Let's actually get above .500 first. I think we need a "This Thread Sucks" image in here. ;)

We're 2 games under .500 and playing some great baseball. We can't officially dream until we're above .500? What kind of crap is that? I think the questions warrant some thought not just based on post-season success. WHEN we get to the playoffs, we will obviously be a better team than we were earlier this season and the awards will be granted accordingly. As far as adding an image to this thread, it should say "You Suck" pudge.

xil357
07-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by thecell
We're 2 games under .500 and playing some great baseball. We can't officially dream until we're above .500? What kind of crap is that? I think the questions warrant some thought not just based on post-season success. WHEN we get to the playoffs, we will obviously be a better team than we were earlier this season and the awards will be granted accordingly. As far as adding an image to this thread, it should say "You Suck" pudge.

Thank you, thecell. :)

IFF (which means IF and ONLY IF) the Sox make the post-season, then those who vote for the awards will have to give strong consideration to Sox personnel and how their respective performances factored into such possible success. That was the intent of the questions.

Personally I don't think these were the best moves that could have been made and I will be surprised if the Sox even get out of the first round of the playoffs. That being said, I hope and pray that I am wrong and that the Sox have a shot to win it all. These trades aren't as important in and of themselves as much as they signal a committment to "going for it" that has been absent in years past.

If it happens, that raises fundamental questions about this team's ownership and direction, considering that JR in the past has said that he would trade all six Bulls championships for a Sox WS title and the tendencies of Sox fans to avoid losers but support winners and how that would impact attendance.

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 03:16 PM
IFF the deals work and the Sox win it all...

I will do that banana dance in November outside in Chicago wearing only my underwear...

Bookmark and save...

:bandance:

thecell
07-02-2003, 04:17 PM
I'll be right next to you! (Not in that way :smile: )