PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks?

FJA
07-02-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to talk my little brother into buying tickets for tonight (in exchange, I'll drive since he can't), and one of my friends told me there might be fireworks tonight for the 4th (thus, the 6:05 start). That's a big selling point with a grade schooler, so can anyone confirm?

dickallen15
07-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by FJA
I'm trying to talk my little brother into buying tickets for tonight (in exchange, I'll drive since he can't), and one of my friends told me there might be fireworks tonight for the 4th (thus, the 6:05 start). That's a big selling point with a grade schooler, so can anyone confirm?

There are no fireworks tonight, unless the Sox hit some homeruns.

FJA
07-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
There are no fireworks tonight, unless the Sox hit some homeruns.

Thanks, dickallen15.

Boozer
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I also heard they are having fireworks tonight, I think I heard it from the Sox broadcast yesterday or the day before. I know I heard it somewhere though. Nothing on their website though.

Dadawg_77
07-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Its a sox game and reasonable excuse to fool your bother that there are fireworks.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-02-2003, 03:27 PM
On last night's Sox post game show, Dave Wills said that there were no fireworks scheduled for tonight's game. He just said that it was going to be a 6:05 start but definitely no fireworks unless the team is hitting some homers.

Scotty347
07-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Hawk also mentioned on the broadcast that people had been asking about fireworks because of the 6:05 start but made it clear that there are NO fireworks tonight.

A.T. Money
07-02-2003, 04:08 PM
I wonder why they changed the time of the game? Most people's ticket stub says 7:05, but they changed the game time.

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I wonder why they changed the time of the game? Most people's ticket stub says 7:05, but they changed the game time.

Are they on ESPN nationally?

Eddie Gaedel
07-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Are they on ESPN nationally?

NOPE. SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS VS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Rocklive99
07-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

That's weird, cause I was looking at one of my older schedules from this year at SoxFest (I say old because it doesn't have the networks that the games are going to be on, some times are TBD, and it was before naming the park to US Cellular Field), and it said 6:05. Oh well, who cares now, lets all just hope for a White Sox winner! :D:

Dadawg_77
07-03-2003, 01:12 PM
FJA so did you get your Bro to buy you tickets last night?

FJA
07-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
FJA so did you get your Bro to buy you tickets last night?

Ha ... no, but I was there Tues., as well as last Friday against the Cubs. Before that, I went to one Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley, and one game in each the BoSox, Padres and Giants series. So, the fact that I avoided the other costs that go along with a baseball game is probably a good thing.

On the other hand ... what a game it would have been to be at. When it was all over, I was so happy about the outcome, it didn't matter so much that I wasn't there. :)

Dadawg_77
07-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Ha ... no, but I was there Tues., as well as last Friday against the Cubs. Before that, I went to one Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley, and one game in each the BoSox, Padres and Giants series. So, the fact that I avoided the other costs that go along with a baseball game is probably a good thing.

On the other hand ... what a game it would have been to be at. When it was all over, I was so happy about the outcome, it didn't matter so much that I wasn't there. :)

Well at least you have an excuse to give your brother grief which is a very valuable thing to have.

FJA
07-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Well at least you have an excuse to give your brother grief which is a very valuable thing to have.

Exactly.

kevingrt
07-03-2003, 03:32 PM
You guys got your fair share of fireworks!