PDA

View Full Version : What should our lineup be?

Steve Bartman
07-02-2003, 11:32 AM
I think it should be......

R. Alomar-2nd
Thomas-1st
Everett-CF
Maggs-RF
C. Lee-LF
Daubach/Konerko-DH
Valentin-SS
Crede-3b
Olivo/S. Alomar-C

The one concern of mine here is can alomar lead off? I believe he can. Early in the year for the Mets he lead off, and did well. But he wants to batt 3rd in the lineup. I wonder how that would work? Having Everertt and Alomar is going to be a big upgrade having 2 more left handed bats. Also, to all those people who are saying we are selling away are future.......If at the end of the season Everett and Alomar sign with another team, we will get those teams first round draft picks. I'm going out to the game tonight. This teams for real. Go Sox!

ode to veeck
07-02-2003, 11:43 AM
The plain truth is the Sox don't have anyone else remotely close to even an older R Alomar's capabilities for the lead-off spot, period.

If Alomar can come through in this role, it could really open up the rest the Sox's silent bats as well ... think back to the Sox in early '02 when they were leading the AL in almost every offensive category, before Loften's hamstring let them down--they were/are a different team with an effective lead-off man.

Hurt's HR against the Twinks yesterday is a great example of the lead-off factor

LauraJ14
07-02-2003, 12:41 PM
What's with Frank #2?
I want Frank 3rd and Maggs 4th, Everett or Lee 5th

JRIG
07-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Not to criticize, but why would anyone think we'd start to have a set lineup now? It's nice to speculate, but we all know that Jerry is going to tinker with it every day, even if it's working. I mean, we could see Alomar batting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 7th. Everett could bat 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th...anywhere. It's all up to the whims of our Willie Harris-loving manager.

Shoeless Joe
07-02-2003, 12:54 PM
I think it should be......

R. Alomar-2nd
Thomas-1st
Everett-CF
Maggs-RF
C. Lee-LF
Daubach/Konerko-DH
Valentin-SS
Crede-3b
Olivo/S. Alomar-C

Having Frank at the second spot would not be a productive thing to do just based on Frank's speed. Jerry should definitely put Everett in the second spot so he has a chance to steal some bases and get into scoring position. But other than that what a lineup!

B. Diddy
07-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Alomar has traditionally not hit well in the leadoff spot. Everett hit there while in Houston.

1. Everett, CF
2. Alomar, 2B
3. Thomas, 1B
4. Mags, RF
5. Lee, LF
6. Valentin, SS
7. Daubach/Paulie, DH
8. Crede, 3B
9. Alomar/Olivo, C

wirtzbeer55
07-02-2003, 03:56 PM
I like your lineup B. Diddy - that way we can make use of Alomar's ability to (gasp!) bunt consistently, a feat that eludes pretty much all other Sox hitters. If Jacque Jones can be a leadoff hitter, so can Carl E., and he has done it before.

For those who like Alomar first... who hits next to 'get him over' -- Jose or Everett? I like using Everett at leadoff more.

But as as been said the truth is Jerry will try them all.