PDA

View Full Version : The new line-up I like best...

Kilroy
07-02-2003, 09:01 AM
is:

Alomar 2b
Rowand cf
Thomas 1b
Maggs rf
Everett dh
CLee lf
Valentin ss
Crede 3b
Olivo c

I admit that I have liked Rowand from the first time I saw him up here, but he's playing very well right now. I don't like the idea of him heading to the bench. Since June 15, he's hitting .346. Word from Texas is that Everett has had some leg injuries that have kept him from playing effective cf, so it could be that Rowand is actually the better cf between the two right now. Daubach isn't tearing it up, so I have no problem w/ him grabbing some bench.

Fisk Fan
07-02-2003, 09:04 AM
That's a great idea, putting Everett in the DH slot. It helps keep a hot Aaron Rowand in the line-up and still gives Everett some AB's. It also shows the younger guys that if they produce, they will get playing time. The question is, will Jerry heed the advice. My guess is........No.

hold2dibber
07-02-2003, 09:36 AM
I'd much rather have Daubach in the lineup instead of Rowand, particularly against right handed starters. He has more pop and he's lefty. But I'd probably go with the line-up you suggest against lefties. Basically, you're platooning Rowand and Daubach based on lefty/righty. Unless PK actually gets his act together, in which case, he's your DH.

Procol Harum
07-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Me likee having these kinds of line-up dilemmas... :bandance:

moochpuppy
07-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'd much rather have Daubach in the lineup instead of Rowand, particularly against right handed starters. He has more pop and he's lefty.

I agree. Daubach has been playing some good ball this past month and has raised his average from .188 (Jun 3rd) to .248 (Jul 1) with all of his homeruns (3) and 75% of his RBI (9) coming in that span.

maurice
07-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
is:

Alomar 2b
Rowand cf
Thomas 1b
Maggs rf
Everett dh
CLee lf
Valentin ss
Crede 3b
Olivo c

I agree . . . for the time being. I suspect they'll move Everett around the OF and DH Lee on occassion. Also, you'll probably see more of Daubach at DH and Everett in CF once Rowand's bat cools off.

:jerry
"Thanks, KW. My tinkering actually might work now."

:hawk
"You said it, Tinkeroo."

Brian26
07-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Would only work in a video game:

1- Alomar 2b
2- Valentin ss
3- Thomas 1b
4- Ordonez cf
5- Everett dh
6- Lee lf
7- Daubach rf
8- Konerko 3b
9- Olivo c

guillen4life13
07-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Here are some lineups that may be long shots, but have outside chances of actually doing really really well:

SS Valentin
2B Alomar
1B Thomas
RF Maggs
DH Everett
LF Lee
CF Rowand
3B Crede
C Olivo/Alomar

OR (don't kill me... I'm just checking these out, and you guys can check them out too. They're just things to put out)

C Olivo
2B Alomar
1B Thomas
RF Maggs
CF Everett
LF Lee
SS Valentin
DH Konerko/Daubach
3B Crede

Let me explain myself on this one. For one, I'm just putting something out there... I have no evidence or guarantee that it would work. I just think that Olivo could possibly flourish in the leadoff role, and the fact that he knows how to steal a base here and there helps. I'm going on a straight up hunch here, so don't grill me. I'm just thinking that it worked in LA with Paul Lo Duca a couple years ago.

Here's another :

CF Harris
2B Alomar
1B Thomas
RF Ordonez
DH Everett
LF Lee
SS Valentin
3B Crede
C Alomar/Olivo

or

2B Alomar
3B Crede
RF Maggs
DH Everett
1B Thomas
LF Lee
SS Valentin
C Olivo/Alomar
CF Harris

Against Lefties:

SS Graffanino
2B Alomar
1B Thomas
RF Maggs
CF Everett
LF Lee
DH Daubach/Konerko
3B Crede
C Alomar/Olivo

I'm just putting these out there. Converse as you wish.

fquaye149
07-02-2003, 02:56 PM
anyone see the espn lineup?

it was

alomar
thomas
everett
magglio
daubach/konerko
carlos
valentin
crede
miguel/sandy

personally i don't like that lineup very much but....just sharing

lowesox
07-02-2003, 03:21 PM
I say play Rowand against lefties and Daubach against righties.

I know this might be a bit crazy but...

1. Rowand CF
2. Alomar 2B
3. Thomas 1b
4. Everett DH
5. Maggs RF
6. Valentin SS
7. Lee LF
8. Crede 3B
9. Olivo C

The reason I like this lineup is because
1) Alomar is better when he's not leading off
2) It's tough to manage against in late innings. For instance, would you go Righty against Thomas, then Lefty against Everett than righty against maggs... Either they lose the battle of the percentages against Everett or they lose an arm.

MisterB
07-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Guys...the whole point of getting Everett was to solidify the CF position. To take the most experienced CF on the roster and DH him in favor of Rowand or Harris is sheer stupidity. If you want Rowand in the lineup so badly, let him play LF and DH Lee, but please keep Crash away from CF.

Alomar 2b
Valentin ss
Thomas 1b/dh
Ordonez rf
Everett cf
Lee lf
Daubach dh/1b
Crede 3b
(catcher)