PDA

View Full Version : More Trade Rumors...

hsnterprize
07-02-2003, 06:12 AM
I was driving into work this morning (at around 4AM), and I was listening to Fox Sports Radio's overnight guy. He was talking to a Chicagoan who called in to comment on the Sox trades. Needless to say, he was pretty psyched about the Alomar and Everett deals. But, the host said something else that could easily wet a Sox fan's appetite. He said there's a chance that Baltimore's Sidney Ponson could be dealt here. I haven't heard nor seen anything confirming this, but have any of you either seen or heard anything that could indicate KW making another deal?

ShoelessFred
07-02-2003, 06:19 AM
i was hearing jeff weaver more than ponson.

Paulwny
07-02-2003, 06:21 AM
From the Baltimore Sun:

If the Orioles decide they can't sign Ponson, they will continue exploring trade offers. The Chicago White Sox are one of several teams said to have serious interest.

There's also the possibility that the Orioles will keep Ponson and try signing him after the season. For now, they will probably try to entice him with an incentive-laden deal.

http://www.sunspot.net/sports/baseball/bal-sp.ponson02jul02,0,2142209.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

WhiteSox = Life
07-02-2003, 06:32 AM
I just don't see Ponson as an answer for the Sox. It's always nice to have starting pitching, but I see Ponson as another average right-hander for the Sox.

His numbers in Baltimore aren't anywhere near spectacular and there's really no reason to bring him over, IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong on his mediocrity.

Personally, I'd like to see the White Sox go after a crafty left-hander, like of the Moyer category. I'd look someone up or think, but I really don't feel like. All the action yesterday, combined with the lack of sleep, has worn me out. Maybe a guy like Maroth. I don't know.

Hey, Kenny's a genius. He can figure somebody out.

:D: