PDA

View Full Version : You know what these trades mean?

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 11:34 PM
:jerry
"My tinkering days are through... sob sob..."

:KW
"Exactly as I planned it. Now put the veterans on the field and stop trying to be a genius..."

:fans
"THANKS KENNY!"

Thunderstruck30
07-01-2003, 11:40 PM
I have to give credit to Kenny Williams. Even though his trades havent always worked as planned in the past, he is still going out there and trying to get the best talent that he can. Unlike Reinsdorf, Kenny wants to win. And he knows exactly what the Sox need to field a winner.

Tragg
07-01-2003, 11:41 PM

Hmm - should I bat Alomar 1st, 6th or 9th? Silly question, I can do them all!

We need a back-up third baseman, now that Jiminez is gone - what about it, Everett - wanna give it a shot?

Pete_SSAC
07-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

We need a back-up third baseman, now that Jiminez is gone - what about it, Everett - wanna give it a shot?

:graff
"What about me?!?"

- Pete

maurice
07-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I find that extremely unlkely. Everett probably will be moved all around the diamond and the lineup. Robbie Alomar will be shuffled from leadoff to #2 whenever Harris starts in CF (which ought to be never).

"We like our leadoff hitter to have an extremely low OBP."

:weewillie
"I'm your man. Can we get some ice cream now?"

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
"As long as it's not a banana split."

ode to veeck
07-02-2003, 11:42 AM

Voodoo, did you forget to put this in teal!?!? :redneck

NEVER underestimate the powers of the tinkerer and his abilities to ignore the obvious ... just the mathematics of the exponential increase in possible permutations and wierd statistical angles (i.e., who can be LO, who bats from which side of the plate, where can I play Harris next, how does so and so bat at the 3 spot from the right side when the moon is waning, etc etc etc) guarantees the Tinkerer will continue to be at it more than ever

JRIG
07-02-2003, 11:44 AM
As someone pointed out yesterday, this just feels like the Julio Ramirez situation all over again. We should never see Harris playing Center again this year. Carl Everett is murdering right handed pitching this year with a .986 OPS. When he plays in center, Daubach should DH.

I just get the feeling we'll keep seeing Willie being run out there.

:weewillie
"First base tonight, coach?"

"Sure, why not. Graff seemed to play just fine over there."

xil357
07-02-2003, 11:58 AM
They should be a PERMANENT lineup for the remainder of the season, hopefully through the playoffs:

CF Everett (although his D is a concern)
2B Alomar
1B Frank
RF Maggs
DH Daubach
LF Lee
SS Valentin
3B Crede
C Olivo

Harris, Graffy and Rowand may be used as late inning pinch runners / defensive replacements, which is where they belong. PK can pinch hit.

"Barney" hit leadoff for the Rangers a number of times at the beginning of the season and that's when he produced the most. If he happens to continue hitting homers that is not the worst thing in the world, either, because then Alomar will just set the table for Frank, Maggs and Daubach.

HOWEVER, if Daubach doesn't start collecting RBI by the bushel basket before the All Star Break, then he needs to be benched for PK to have one last chance. If PK then fails as DH between the Break and July 31, then the Sox need to move Everett to DH, put PK on the DL, and trade for Pierre from the Fish to lead off.

The lineup would then be:

CF Pierre
2B Alomar
1B Frank
RF Maggs
DH Everett
LF Lee
SS Valentin
3B Crede
C Olivo

:)

1951Campbell
07-02-2003, 12:08 PM

"Whaddya mean my tinkering days are over? Just watch me use 4 relievers in 1 2/3 innnings--in inverted order, too! Hee hee hee!"